Broken Pole

JFish

Hey guys,

Looking for some recommendations. I recently bought a 10' silstar pole from someone on ebay. It was shipped from the U.S. to Canada and somewhere in shipment it got destroyed (well not totally). It looks like the top 6 inches of each end were sawed off or broken off (somewhat of a clean cut). That means that the part which slides into the end is broken off short and the tip of my rod is broken. I lost about 2 guides on the one end however I am still able to slide the bottom end into the top without any problems (tight fit but it works).

Now, does anybody know if the pole can be fixed back up or should I just get someone to add a new guide at the end of the pole where it was cut off???? This really sucks. :)

Thanks

Might be easier just to go to Canadian Tire and grab another one. They are the cheapy model. I've been using the same 10' silstar for years. How much did you pay on Ebay? I paid $20 about 6/7 years ago.

Can't wait to get the time to go see those badgers play hockey!

Guest cplummer

i'm a custom rod builder and pretty much all you can do is repair it by inserting an old rod shaft inbetween the break but it will be weak.Does insurance not cover this? it should!!! that rod is a cheapie thank god , just go buy another..

cliff...

Archived