Trip to Algonquin!!

charlieD

i would be interested.

d love to make it outside of niagara for some fishing.

hoping this summer to have a few trips to places like rice lake for a quick two day fishathon (till i passout, fishin) then make it back home for work.

IBC

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
As far as I know motors aren't allowed, or at least on the majority of the areas. 

7310[/snapback]

Charlie

I have a guide from the park that shows depth and species,and the max.HP you can use on most of the lakes within the park. Let me know what lakes your looking at and i'll look it up.

Or if your going down to the river fishing I can meet you and and it's yours.

No cans or plastic are allowed at your campsite if your doing a boatin camping thing!

Alright...cool! Thanks Brian! Not sure what lake to go to , but I hear access 17 is the best fishing area! I wanna go to the best place of course! And I am gonna try for everything! I am down at the river almost everyday around 4ish!

Guest kingphisher
I might be planning a trip to algonquin for fishing and camping this summer!  Just getting a pole on who would be interested!

7303[/snapback]

YA I would go for sure. I went twice last year to Tim Lake. Once on april 25 if i recall correctly( opening weekend for lake trout.) ang again on may 24. Both time i got my limit. Be happy to guide you to some good holes>

Charlie

You might want to contact the Old Guy,he has camped and fished in almost all of the park.

Just check members list this website for his user name

Guest Jeetmuck

Hey Charlie,

I wouldn't mind getting together and fish with you again. All of the spots you mentioned sound good. When you are able to pinpoint date, time and place, could you please post? I have a small aluminum or canoes if needed.

Thanks,

JM

Cool..thanks for the replies guys...It will only be for like 3-4 days...tops!

Not sure when, depends on cash for me too! I may have access to a canoe with a flat back for a small motor, so that would be cool to bring!

I willlet you all know!

Guest old guy

Hi guys; As Brian has mentioned I have been canoeing and camping in the Park for many years. I was involved in guiding high school students within the Park. Boats with motors are allowed only on the largest lakes and the motor size is also limited. This info is available on the Park web site.

Best fishing is right after ice out to about mid June. [Trout ] For a true wilderness experience one needs to use a canoe and make use of the many available interior trips which of course involve portages. A map of all the interior trips is also available from the park. My largest speckled trout [about 5 pounds ]came from a small lake in the park. There are lots of rules for the park and these also include slot limits for fish size and numbers.

Brian and I spent a couple of days fishing lake trout on Lake Opeongo {largest lake in the Park} last summer. Unfortunately we didn't do much catching. We made up for that on Whiskey lake however. If you need info or advice re Algonquin drop me an e mail. :blahblah1:

Brian and I spent a  couple of days fishing lake trout on Lake Opeongo {largest lake in the Park} last summer.  Unfortunately we didn't do much catching.  We made up for that on Whiskey lake however.  If you need info or advice re Algonquin drop me an e mail.  :blahblah1:

7426[/snapback]

Trev

We did get a lake Trout and a out of season Bass there ,but yeah Whiskey Lake,I think we had 89 Lake trout fooling with our DRiggers and put 49 of them in the boat?

Guest kingphisher
Well I don't have a DRigger...let alone a boat, soooo!  Any other suggestions!  LOL

7547[/snapback]

iDuring months of apri;/ may i had good sucess using minnow's. It is illegal to use live bait in the park though. I got mine from forest tower outfitters. they just take em' out of the tank and put them into a bag full of ice. I just cut them in half and fish the about a foot off the bottom. where i fish i find that the lakers like to hold in the 30 to 40 ft depth range. once u locate them hold on to you rod cause u will have your limit caught in no time. I fish where no engine's are allowed. Only canoes or row boats. Its much nicer that way. Good luck. :Gonefishing:

Archived