SWILL

Guest Gill Finigan

Guest Gill Finigan

Well since it was said in another thread aready, I thought i'd start a new thread. Who would be interested in a Niagara Swill. If you don't know what a Swill is. I'll let BigFish give the official definition, Since he does it so well. Post if you would like to come along for the fun. ;)

I second that idea. It would have to be in the region, close to a major highway somewhere with good food and cold beer.

Also because the OFN board invented the swill, the Niagara gathering should have a different name, just to avoid confusion. Suggestions??

off of the highways ....

Thinking of places w/ beverages and food

St. Catharines

- Ontario Street (Boston Pizza, that bowling place)

- Downtown (Honest Lawyer)

Niagara Falls

- There is one bar I might be able to swing us a deal at if we knew numbers (right off the 420). It will remain nameless unless there is a sincere interest.

- Hooters (right there on Stanley)

- Somebuddies (Thorold Stone)

- Boston Pizza (either location, Clifton Hill is harder due to parking)

- Mick N Angelos

- Gill Finnigans (I dont think there is booze or food unless you like fish eggs, worms, and waxworms)

Niagara Falls

- There is one bar I might be able to swing us a deal at if we knew numbers (right off the 420).  It will remain nameless unless there is a sincere interest.

If you are thinking of Clancys, that's my regular bar where I can be found once or twice a week, Saturdays for sure. I was going to suggest them for the gathering but they recently fired my favorite waitress so i'm not doing them any favors. ;)

- Gill Finnigans (I dont think there is booze or food unless you like fish eggs, worms, and waxworms)

Perhaps Reg can open a bar in the back of the store, just for special occasions. :blush:

If you are thinking of Clancys, that's my regular bar where I can be found once or twice a week, Saturdays for sure. I was going to suggest them for the gathering but they recently fired my favorite waitress so i'm not doing them any favors. 

7330[/snapback]

nopes. its another bar. rather nice. has a 'tender who likes fishin, hed proly love to work that night.

Perhaps it should be called a "Shindig"?? :lol:

7354[/snapback]

Definition of shindig;

a social gathering, esp. a very large one, on which no expense is spared.

No expense??

Guest cplummer

since i work at Boston pizza clifton i could arrange parking and possibly a discount .. but it's still a bit pricey..as for a name humm

fishin mission..

cliff...

BP is cool due to the games

im an airhockey freak

i also dominate!

hence wy im partial to the lawyer case they have the stupid things like airhockey and foosball

As for Boston Pizza, they are pricey, and they are not near a highway for easy access for out-of-towners.

IBC, give us a hint on that place you're talking about. It's driving me nuts. :lol:

Here's a list of local places that cater to the swill factor. Port Dalhousie

Although they are not on the highway they are easy to find. They've got Tommy's historical aspect covered while practically on a fishing starting point for the regoin and the area is already infested with swillers!

Maby we can turn this into a day long thing once a year. Have a mini fishing derby in Port, $10 each, biggest trout takes all then buys a round of beer at the local wing galley.

Anyone ever been Here

It would be nice if we could woof back some za n wings in this roomrestaurantinterface04.jpg

What do pirates call there pigouts? How about a NFN Pigout?

Guest cplummer
As for Boston Pizza, they are pricey, and they are not near a highway for easy access for out-of-towners.

IBC, give us a hint on that place you're talking about. It's driving me nuts. :lol:

7369[/snapback]

as for the access they are right at the end of 420 highway pretty much,i'll see what sort of discount i can get then i'll post , i may get 50% off or so

Guest Jeetmuck

Fishin', Eatin' and havin' a couple of wobblies sounds like a plan. I would definitely be in for that. With so many great places to dine in the area, it certainly would be tough to choose but whatever is decided, count me in.

JM

Guest Gill Finigan

Only problem i have with a derby and swill is. Best time for a swill is mid week when the places are slow and is easier mingle around and talk. This time of year it gets dark early and getting people to show in numbers would be hard. You would have to fish during the day when most work and have the swill at the resturants dinner rush. A fish and swill might be better in the warmer weather.

IBC, give us a hint on that place you're talking about. It's driving me nuts.  :blahblah1:

7369[/snapback]

I have emailed them concerning discounting the rate. I was informed they could setup a wing/pizza buffet owver the cost would depend on the number of people that would have to be gauranteed.

reduced beverage cost would depend greatly on the night.

the bar is after hours.

Archived