Crater lake (daniel's Arc )

Guest cplummer

Guest cplummer

Always tues and wed off unless i request a day or two for the derby i'll take that day off..would love to do simcoe...my b-days on the 24th of feb i may or may not be here mentally...

cliff...

Thanks Cliff great link. That's exactly what I'm looking for so I can bring my son. He's only 3 so a heated hut is important and I've never caught a speckie through the ice. Seems like a decent operation to visit as they have to carefully manage it to be successfull. I'll be looking into it further, ......Thanks , good find :lol:

Guest cplummer

heres what he sent me regarding the fishing..

Walleye are difficult in this lake. The lake has clear water conditions, no

stain lots of bait fish from deep to shallow. The lake is quite young in

its history for this species. Walleye have been landed late ice through

early spring. Sizes as great as 27 inches and as small as fingerling. Sorry

no patterns to reccommend. Members of our fishing club have been the only

successful anglers to date. They hit very light and many anglers not

watching their lines have missed them. We have had two successful years of

spawning and hope future release programs will spread them out in

shallower areas. Perch very in size but the vast majority top six to eight

inches. Jumbos are generally caught late ice. Our lake is generally noted

for specks, browns and rainbows. Browns tend to be our trophy fish. 4 - 10

pounds.

Original Message:

-----------------

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:10:09 -0500

To: info@danielsark.org

Subject: icefishing

Guest Eyelike2fish

Izumi did a show on Daniels Ark about a month ago. He raved about it. He did say you had to drill and drill and drill, then keep moving from hole to hole. I guess its more of a waiting game for the hut fishermen. The Valens report indicated that the bite was very slow at Valens the last week or so. If you want a good place to take the little one or even us big ones, try Guelph Lake. You can find the info at the GRCA website. They rent huts very cheap ($15) sell minnows, and its a very short walk for the little ones out to the huts. I fish the lake all the time and lots of perch are to be had. The lake also has crappie if you can find them, and you are sure to get the odd pike. The pike in the lake can be a decent size. I just know when my son was little warm + fish + short walk = no bordem = lasting memories. Have fun and be safe.

Steve

Guest old guy

About 3 weeks ago my son-inlaw and buddy went to Daniels Ark and in six hours of fishing caught 3 brookies about 12 to 14 inches. They moved all around the lake . They were the only ones on the ice. They felt that it wasn't worth the bucks but wanted to see what it was like. For some excitment they dropped into the new Pro Bass store on the way back to Niagara :worthy:

Archived