Ice at Niagara or Port D

Guest Eyelike2fish

Guest Eyelike2fish

Might be a silly question but with all this cold weather does the Queenston or Port D freeze up along the shore preventing shore fishing? I am going Monday and was curious.

Thanks...Steve

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Might be a silly question but with all this cold weather does the Queenston or Port D freeze up along the shore preventing shore fishing? I am going Monday and was curious.

Thanks...Steve

7454[/snapback]

Heres about the only ice build up you will see at Queenston

Queenston1.jpg

Jan31footQ2.jpg

The shore/water line will freeze,you really have to watch your footing,last year a fellow had to be taken away in a ambulance,he cracked his head open!

What...holy crap!  Guess I won't be fishing there if it builds up on the edges!

7464[/snapback]

Alot do, you just need to watch your footing. Are you going down tomorrow,let me know what time and i'll drop that book off?

port D will freeze up along the ledge. a decent length net and your fine. the pier can be icy if we ad soem rain or melting and it froze. i would recomend a decent pair of spikes.

IBC

NP Charlie

Any day is good for me,last week the wife said I need to clear off my puter table,i'd thought i'd start with the book :lol:

Guest Eyelike2fish
port D will freeze up along the ledge.  a decent length net and your fine.  the pier can be icy if we ad soem rain or melting and it froze.  i would recomend a decent pair of spikes.

IBC

7470[/snapback]

I have some spikes packed away some where. I will have to find them.

LOL...they are always telling us what to do , especially when it comes to cleaning, my lady nags me all the time!!

7476[/snapback]

She really hates it when shes telling me something and my interest is focused on the puter :lol: . Then to rub it in I ask her after a bit what she was talking about!!!

poor gyus, man mine follows me when i go fishing so she has some "quiet" time to read a book or catch up on work.... and sometimes, sometimes she'll even fish <-- more than she does anything else :lol:

Hey Guy's: I have the solution to this but alot of bass guy's got mad at me when there better half's found out. They asked me how I get away with fishing 20 to 30 bass T's a year and still be married ,well it's this way I don't take vacation's unless it's for a T the wife takes a week without ME and goes to the sun & sand with her girl freinds, this works verywell but now she wants me to go to, and I said with the girl freinds or with her, now I'm good for atleast 2 more years after that comment. This is starting to work for other guy's so give it a try if it's not to $$$$ but remember it's cheaper for 1 :D Catfish :lol:

Archived