Guelph Lake Ice Fishing

Guest Eyelike2fish

Guest Eyelike2fish

Not sure how many people fish Guelph Lake but here is an update. I was out there this morning with good results. The ice is maybe 8" and safe. I talked to many people who were catching perch. I didn't see an pike caught which really surprised Me. I am heading out tomorrow afternoon to gather a few perch for a fish fry. This lake is loaded with crappie but finding them in the winter has proven tough. In the spring we catch them one after another. I will post tomorrow with my results if anyone is interested in Guelph Lake.

Steve

Guest mean_drunk
Not sure how many people fish Guelph Lake but here is an update. I was out there this morning with good results. The ice is maybe 8" and safe. I talked to many people who were catching perch. I didn't see an pike caught which really surprised Me. I am heading out tomorrow afternoon to gather a few perch for a fish fry. This lake is loaded with crappie but finding them in the winter has proven tough. In the spring we catch them one after another. I will post tomorrow with my results if anyone is interested in Guelph Lake.

Steve

7743[/snapback]

do they rent huts? and how big were the perch?

I'm thinking about taking my kid there for a few hrs this week

Guest Eyelike2fish

Yes they rent huts for $15 a half day or $20 for a full day. Kids are free!! They sell minnows at $5 a dozen. Guelph Lake is a great place to take kids. The walk to the huts is only a short walk from the parking. The perch are not huge compared to Simcoe but they still make a great meal. You can view more info at www.grandriverfishing.ca Just look under winter activites for the details. Have fun.

Steve

Guest Eyelike2fish

I take it most people will be coming from the Niagara direction so here is the most direct route. Take the Hwy 6 cutoff from Hamilton to Guelph. Go straight into Guelph till you reach Stone Road. Turn right on Stone. When you reach Victoria Road go North (Left). Follow it to through town till you reach Lakeview or Lakeside road not sure which but you cant miss all the signs. Turn right and its on the right hand side. Very easy to find. Have fun.

Steve

Archived