Beacon Ice?

PickerelHunter

Holy crap Tommy. Every place mentioned on this board your going to try. We've got you running all over the regoin. Make sure you PM me before you run up this way. If I'm not working I'd like to check out that radar. Maby scout out a few spots. Show you my secret Pike spot if you show me yours :o

I was out at the Beacon today...I'd say close to 8 inches of ice. Right when I got there a couple guys were comin' off the ice and said they didn't even get a hit...I tried for a couple hours with a jiggin' rapala and a tiny yellow grub, same result...apparently very off thus far from what someone down there told me, might have to try somewhere else...that crackin' of the ice almost had me runnin' a couple times though, I haven't ice fished much and never outside of Nipissing's 16 inch ice, scary stuff.

Hey guy's: when your down at the beacon would you do me a favour, check around for weed growth and colour of weed, also what type of weed. I have noticed in the last 2 seasons the growth is declineing the weed use to be every where not just around the ship and docks. I have been told something I'm not to impressed :lol: Iwould like to get a bit of info built up and keep an eye this summer on weed growth in the marina your help would be very helpful . thanks Catfish :P

Interesting.

If you were told that building is dumping it's sewage in there your probably right. When it was the Beacon I had an employee as a play thing and the one thing they could not understand is why if their sewage (in house) treatment plant wasn't working, were they allowed to just keep on pumping it in the marina. Apparently they couldn't sell the place untill it was fixed $$$$ and then it caught fire :lol::o

Don't think that would kill weeds though. Well maby cleaners and stuff.

Of coarse this is just a second hand rumour and I'd never expect it to be reported as a fact :P

Chilli : That info is correct I knew the chef way back and he told me when you went down to the cellar you had to take air cent with you and you had to watch where you steped it just ran out into a hole right to the marina, but your right that had to be rapaired before the sale was completed and that was a few years ago, this was somthing that they asked to do and was told NO can't do that it's natural live with it , and you know when someone tells you no you can't wll you take it from there, If I get some feed back I will take it further. Catfish

Archived