Turkey Point Perch

Kirk

Guest Big Bass Rich

Ooh any other day but Wednesday!! Dang. Heading to Peterborough on Wednesday. Have fun though, the bay is a bit murky right now, try chumming with sardines or salties to get their attention.

Ooh any other day but Wednesday!! Dang. Heading to Peterborough on Wednesday. Have fun though, the bay is a bit murky right now, try chumming with sardines or salties to get their attention.

7829[/snapback]

What are you trying to attract by chumming??? Mudpuppies??? :o Jig (flash) a silver spoon just under the ice and then let it drop to the bottom and repeat.

Guest Big Bass Rich

Perch, crappie, trout, bluegill - anything can be attracted by chumming. They've been doing it on Lake Simcoe for years. The jigging spoon is great but unfortunately under the ice especially in murky water) there isn't much light so that little spoon isn't gonna give off much flash. But do as you like, if I catch more mudpuppies than perch then I guess it's time to change tactics!

Chumming:

Lake Simcoe - Yes

Long Point Bay - No

Anything on the bottom of your hole will attract mudpuppies in LPB, BUT if it works for you who am i to say its wrong... :o

Dropping a few LIVE minnows down the hole doesn't hurt though...

Archived