Nichol's Launch

denis

Ya I actually lifted my motor after an initial warm up. Used the oar to get away because there's rocks right behind that. The fishing seemed dead in the whole the last 2 times I went too. They seem to be in different spots now.

The water level is unbelievably low still. The Nichols ramp is usable, just watch for a small rock pile just out from the dock. I was hitting my trolling motor on it on the way out on Sunday. The niagara parks launch is a little better if your fishing the river.

I fished the upper yesterday with Big Steve and I can't believe how many trees, stumps, piling are sticking out of the water right now. We managed to get around 20 largies, a nice smallie, a pike and a 4-5lb pound muskie, mostly on white spinnerbaits. The only other boats out yesterday were targeting pike and muskie.

I don't remember the water ever being this low, I'm guessing it's got to be close to 3 feet now, be careful out there....... :angry:

Hello Tom,

Nice report.

Surprise to hear the largies were still hitting , and you only caught fewer smallies. How deep did you catch the large mouth?

I hardly hear people catching walleye, any luck on walleyes here?

I agree with you to be careful there especially close ot the US side, with th ewater this low, probably some areas would stick out then

Largies put on the feedbag in the fall as well, most were caught in 4-8 FOW on the drop off to deeper water. There are still some decent weedlines out there.

We were only really fishing for largies and did a little exploring right at the end of the day just covering water and chucking the spinnerbait and hit the smallie and the musky. Spooked a real nice musky as well, probably 15-20 pounds. I'm sure we could have caught a ton of smallies if we had tried. The water is crystal clear right now. Water temp has dropped from 57 to 50 over the past week.

Archived