Niagara Parks Marina

scottydog

In my experience the main catch was perch and rockbass. Mostley small perch but huge rockbass every night around sun down. Never seen a real good haul but it's always good to sit on the ice with the boys there and talk fishing while tossing back the dinks.

You're a good man Chili. Let me know if you ever want to do a fish. I will be starting to fish heavy in the lower Niagara in Feb. Steelhead my favorite. Lots of ice and a real challenge. Are you going to the swill? Good fishing. Scottydog

Hey Scott,

The ice at the marina is usually pretty good since the current isnt very strong in the basins, but be carful not to go out too far... went this morning caught some small perch, theres gotta be some big ones in there somewhere!

Yeah Pretty much charlie... more towards ft erie, a few minutes downstream from the trainbridge.

Hey chilli was that you there this afternoon at the parks marina i seen your camo hut... any luck?, planning to go out later.

Brad

Ya that was Deerman and I. Noda zilch nothing. The ice is bad. It's dropped about 1 and a half feet and is very wet on top. You have to go out past the first posts for dry ice. Tried several things between the two of us. The East was really blowing and I had to use extra pegs. We moved up after but only saw minnows. I'll try again in a west wind maybe next week.

HAHA

Chilli I ended up going around four... i was fishing where u were along with another guy i met down there, we were fishing ten feet apart and he caught about 5 dinks.... i caught nothing!

ohhh i also fell through in a hole that someone made a few days ago and was camoflaged with snow! :lol:

Archived