Big Buck

durkin09

I don't hunt....yet. But I still love seeing deer when I am out fishin on some of the Lake Ontario Tribs. This one came right up to a pool I was fishin, stared at me, then chased a few does around further downstream. I followed him for a while trying to get a good picture. This was probably the biggest buck I've ever seen in person, a beauty ten pointer. That was actually more exciting than the fishing that day.

DSC00025.jpg

deer.jpg

Beauty find. You'll never see on e with a bow in your hand. Had another deer under my stand a few days ago. I had just moved my stands to a location better suited for the cold weather. Finished locking them, turned around and there it was just staring at me. After freezing for quite some time I slowly descended my stand without spooking it.

You know of coarse how far away that and every other deer was by the time I returned with my bow don't ya? :D

I know what you mean about the excitement. If your able to drop an anchor it is quite interesting just to sit and watch there interaction with each other but everything around them also.

If you ever get interested in the hunt, give me a call and I'll send you in the right direction. Nothing beats sitting in the stand watching wild turkeys, crows, squirrels, birds on the branch right in front of you etc when they don't know your there. It beats a slow day of ice fishing for sure. After awhile it gets so noisy though. My last trip took me about 1/2 an hour before finally spotting one of the mice that had the forest floor bustling with noise.

Thanks for sharing your pic Durkin

Thanks Chilli. I will most likely get into hunting when I have some more money and spare time, I'm still in university now. And bow hunting is what I would want to do too, not rifle or shotgun. I ride my bike through Dundas valley quite often and see lots of deer there too. Shame to hear about the deer without a bow in hand, oh well, just makes you try even harder. Good luck this season, (if it's not over yet? i'm not sure).

Archived