Lake Ontario Salmon

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

:(

Awoke at 04:00,feed the dog and out the door by 04:15> Coffee, gas and launched at 04:45. Charged up my glow dodgers added some cutbait and I was set. Headed out to 25FOW,1 Rigger down 13' the other 20'. Thinking the glow dodgers would do the trick. So... it became daylight,off come those useless :angry2: glow dodgers. I was by then out off the canal,the rain had stopped the drizzle was stopping :dunno: I change to a different dodger (monkey puke) I brought the other Drigger rod in and put on a J plug (Blue&White). I let out my 80', I hook the inline board to the line I lowered it over the side,with my brake and clicker off I was letting out line with my thumb when I noticed that the board stopped..... FISH !!! I go to set the hook,but forgot about the brake,yep a big back lash,I did manage to get the fish in but not before he hooked my other line off the DRigger & I still had the ball in the water from my 2nd D.Rigger,yep he managed to get that also.

He was a live release,there getting harder to revive....

20.9 lbs.

Salmon0830th.jpg

That was it. I did have the reel sing once after that, on the planer board,but there was no taker.

Water temp is back up to the high 66's,the water down off the bar is 65.9. The fleas are back!!!

DRPlaner0830.jpg

I feel the need to clean my lens :(

:(

Up at 04:45,Gas,Smokes,Tim's and donuts. Met Fullofgas at PW. We launched at 05:45. Headed out to 20FOW,armed with a new glow flasher Rob brought back from the US,tipped with cutbait. The other D.rigger was armed with a dodger and Cutbait. Used the inline boards also. J Plug,80' out from the planer board. The other was a Bomber (Deep Diving, Blue&Silver) back 100' from the board. Trolled in front of the Canal while waiting for 2 frieghter to pass. Nothing there so we headed out to 64-66FOW. 1 rigger was @ 52' the other @ 42'. A mile or so later and no fish Rob mention that the last time we were out he phoned his G.F. and we caught a fish,so,YEP,he called her and he got himself this 20.5lb Salmon.

Salmonfullofit0831st.jpg

Dark dark fish. It was a live release,it's really something to see these big fish swimming across the surface,then slowing diving back down.

Rob in action....

salmonRobinaction0831st.jpg

We trolled all the way down to the US border waters,hooking and releasing 1 shaker,we then trolled in to 48FOW out off of Niagara on the Lake,then headed back to PW.

That was it for the day. Home by 1PM.

Rob

Thanks for the flasher! I think :angry2:

See you next time your home.

Don't know if I'm fishing tomorrow,if I do it will be out of Bronte.

well it was fun as always :angry2: ...maybee next time im home in about 15 days.. :( if the fishn is still good ..went to peters bought a few things heard of one small rainbow caught at portD today...the shore fishn will get going soon :dunno:

Did you join the fall derby?

In 15 days the rivers should be full? I know when I lived in Georgetown,by the end of Sept,the Credit was full of Salmon.

Archived