ice fishing with the kids

Guest deerman

Guest deerman

I think there hooked. Only fished for and hour but they got cold and still had fun. lol. My parents have a pond on there land with bass crappie and blue gills in it. Had about 6 inch of ice on it today. As soon as the boy was home from school out we went. Was just using power baits but had a good hit but missed it. Going to go back with worms or minnows soon. My little ones gloves froze up had to give him mine. The oldest boy got a wet cold foot. Had to put a hand warmer in his boot. :) Have to come up with a shelter of some kind for us next time.

Deerman.

Took the little guy today and he was happier outside. The Popup is very light and goes up quick. Very dark inside so you can see deep but I found a patch of snow to keep the feet warmer. Didn't work. Wifes feet got cold right after we got married. The little guy had a ball while it lasted.

first%20ice.jpg

Glad to hear they enjoyed it. We'll have to get out soon. They tend to last longer when they have some one to play with.

Guest Jeetmuck

Great to hear about the little'un havin' fun. I know when I take mine, they have each other to play with and I never seem to get any fishing done. Oh well, time well spent and they have something to talk about for the rest of the week. Like "Daddy, you remember the time I caught the biggest fish and you didn't" LOL

or "Remember when you slipped off the dock and fell in". I am still trying to forget that one. HAHA

I wish I didn't lose the hard drive on my computer, had some good pictures of the youngest (5 at the time) put me to shame fishing for pics up in Kenora.

Chilli , man I could have swore that you were taller. Where on earth did you find such a small survival suit. LOFL

Now I know, you bought it off the ken doll after barbie told him he couldn't go anymore or she was leaving him. LOFL

Great to see you take the little ones out. You will remember it forever. I did the same thing last week , now they want to go again. go figure.

I thought I saw that hut out on tues. I pulled up with my binoculors to see if anyone was was catching and was surprised to see as many guys out. Maybe we will meet up there one day or BBC or NPC marina or at the swill. Have a good one.

Rember: If you don't take your kids fishing, you don't know what you are missing.

Archived