curent conditions at port

Smitty

Varies according to hydro requirements. System is basically automated and there are no set times for flow. The only time we know for sure when there will not be any current is when we are notified of maintenance, such as putting in the ice boom recently.

There is always some flow, you just have to adapt and work a little harder when it's sloooow.

When the winds are down, go for it. I dropped by yesterday and with the wind chill it was similar to a flash freezer.

Guest canadadude

Lots of current today flowing right down the center of the channel!!!! Fished it from the west side from noon till about 3:30!!!! The problem was I couldn't get a fish up on the wall :(:( .....I hooked 2 sweet rainbows lost them both right at the wall, and blew a brownie out a little further :( .......just one of those days I guess, hook'in-up but not landing noth'in :o Nittro is right the current varies day to day !!!! I'm like alot though ,I like to drift and really don't fish much when there is no current !!!! If you do come down and are faced with slow to no current try fishing jigheads tipped with white twisters, spoons slow retrieve almost a jiiggin motion works, or one of my favorites a slow retrieved kwikfish, skunk pattern!!!! Another option is to jig streamers on a 3-way rig!!! Use your normal 3-way rig and just toss it out with a streamer and jig it in works great in the no current days :):)

thanks guys. ending up going down that afternoon and hit 4 browns and one was a nice fat 8-10 pound hen that was loaded with eggs.and a smaller fish i got later was gill hooked and was about half full so they are still holding eggs.both fish were stuffed with minnows and i got them all on the minnow and not a sniff on roe.

Archived