Long Point Bay Perch

Kirk

Well i went out tday to Akers Ice Fishing located at Turkey Point (L Erie).

We caught about 10 perch all together..4 dinks and 6 good keepers.the bite was few n far between and the perch usually bit spiraticly and didnt seem to be schooling....i used a small Williums Wabler with a minnow or wax worm

ill be back up there shortly to try my luck again :lol:

Hmmm 10 eh? thats pretty rough... is that all together for the four of you???

or just yourself... better than getting shafted i suppose, both times when i went last year we got 40 altogether alot of dinks tho...

Brad

Hey Kirk: Went to Ackers last year. Got alot of small fish. I always feel with the shallow bay you will generally get small fish. They tend to stay here. Among the weeds. When you get bigger fish they come in large schools on feeding binges. They tend to like the structure of deep water. I tend to use nothing but Rapalas when fishing in Long Point. I keep the bait moving. Small fish are a bit stupid. A large perch will see it and just hammer it. Hey the good thing is you are fishing and catching something. It could be worse. Good fishing. Scottydog

yeah Bard...i guess its better than getting shafted eh?!?!?anyways i would have rather gotten a nice feed of jumbos but we were only in about 6-7 feet of water...obviously we could see bottem and it was pretty dead for the most part. Theres a notherguy in St. Williams there that rents out huts and they had a large # of em out there so im probly gunna check into that...definetly wanna try deeper tho, and maybe i cant get a nice pickeral or some jumbo snacks!

...............Kirk!

Archived