Lake Simcoe report

Guest erie_guy

Guest erie_guy

Took my two boys icefishing on Lake Simcoe's Cooks Bay yesterday. Booked a hut with Rick, the Lake Simcoe Fishing Adventures owner, and recieved great service and great fishing for perch. We got out on the ice about 8, and fished until 5. We got there a little late due to the roads. The first hut was pretty slow, 7 keepers in about an hour and a half. Rick, the operator switched us to another hut where we hauled up 43 more keepers. We tossed back at least another 50. My boys, ages 9 & 11 were pulling up double headers at the same time. It was so frantic I gave up trying to fish for about an hour just to help the boys. It was pure bedlam for awhile = a parents dream. We had a great day, and I'm sure my kids will talk about this trip for years to come. When they got up this morning they wanted to know when we were going back!

I would recommend Lake Simcoe Fishing Adventures to anyone. 1-great service. 2-clean, warm, functional facilities. 3-an operator whe is genuinely glad to see you. 4-no BS. 5-great rates-especially for the kids.

If you read this Rick, my only regret is that I didn't get a chance to talk with you more when the day was over, thanks a million , I'll be in touch.

For first class perch fishing check out the link below. :(:lol::D

http://www.simcoefishingadventures.com/

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks for the update Erie_guy.

Glad to hear it was a great day because I want to get my kids up there with me too soon. Now, lot's of filleting to be done.

JM

Glad to hear you had such a good day Erie . I also took the kids out of school last week for thier first "iceday" . Same result, I spent the day baiting one after another. I did however get in some fish time when they decided to go play on the ice for awhile. I spent 2hr thurs. morn filleting the catch. Best decision in a long time , these memories of you and the boys will last a lifetime. They were asking when they could come back on the way in off the ice, there goes my last bit of sanctuary, LOL, just kidding I wouldnt change it for the world.

I've always said,if you don't take your kids fishing ,you don't know what you are missing.

Have a good one Erie. Maybe I'll see you in Port or the BBC or even the NPC marina if it is safe enough.

Guest erie_guy

My back's not sore enough, I'll probably try Bertie Boat Club this weekend. Took a drive to the end of Albert St. this afternoon. What a difference! Looked like ice over the entire lake.

Archived