Ice Conditions- Point Abino Bay

scottydog

Hey Guys: Another walk with my dog Norton. Shove ice ends at ramp in Crystal Beach. From there is is nothing but sheet ice with a light covering of snow. A few pressure cracks. These have froze over. I did not walk on to to ice but will take spud on Saturday and post thickness. Lake Erie perch and pickerel are not far away. It looks like lake is completely frozen over at this end of lake. I did not see any steam rising in the distance. I hope this cold continues. I have the itch for Lake Erie ice fishing. Good fishing. Scottydog

Hey Guy: I have caught pickerel through the ice. First light and last light. Generally a light hit. Have got them while catching perch. When ice is good and can get out a couple of miles this is when I've done my best. Buckshot spoons and Raps have worked for me. Lets hope for some good ice and I'll be willing to take you out. Good fishing. Scottydog

Guest erie_guy

I wouldn't mind getting out with you. I was out a few times last year, but because I was always by myself I didn't cross the pressure crack. Needless to say I had poor success. Did you want to try fishing on Saturday, or are you just going for a walk-about?

Archived