Washrooms in port

ROB MCINTOSH

Well go figure: I have been pushing for washrooms at the GAME & FISH for 3 or 4 years now the idea sounded really good to the one incharge at the time but was told it would have to be budgeted into the next years budget :angry2::blahblah1: . The next time I aproched them it was a new guy incharge and the usuall he new nothing of the perposall so I went thru it again for him and again great idea then they would not have to have someone open & close it at the end of each day GREAT now we were just waiting for this to happen (NOT) now their is another big wig in so guess what I found out today they are digging up the parking lot in front of PEIR PRESSURE and the washroom is going in down infront of the light house, just the perfect place for it they will hire 4 to look after this 2 to come down to open and close it, 2 more to help the older walker's from the peir make there way to this washroom that was distoyed by the port vandels, grafity, burnt down, or just plain not open. We tried to let them know that if it went at the ramp we could maintain it and open, close it when the ramp was closed & opened and to top it off it didn't have to be patched into the sewer system one with a tank would do they would just have to pump it out, and at the time we disscused this they had one of these fasilites in use at burgoing woods and it worked very well men's woman's compleate with sinks and runing water and put the elec cables on the pipes in the winter. Now it is going to cost in the range of 70 to 120,000 $ to install this building with all the hook up's needed. Just to let you all know that OUR tax $$$$ are working for all of us just not the one's that do the most bitchen meaning the peir walker's. Gee I wonder how much $$$ they bring to NIAGARA :angry: Rob Mcintosh

Tommy: Sorry but I disagree with it going out thier after all if you are acomadating tourists and walker's then the ones that would benifit the most are up the creek tobad sosad that's not right. Why did they just not tell us that that's where they intended it to go and I would have not wasted my time trying to acommadate all the user's from the most used boat ramp. maybe now we should lock the johnny that the game & fish pay's for up for member's use only, I don't think that would be right, It just p$#@$ me off that we have to suffer when our's has allway's been open to the public and it was used by the public because it was the only clean one around. I'm getting a little sick of the city acomadating out of towner's before looking after the tax payer's that live here, and stop wasting tax $$$$ on something that will be damaged or not even open, I guess we'll just have to wait and see :angry2: Rob

Archived