Garden City Bait and Tackle!!

charlieD

Just letting you guys know that Garden city bait and tackle is closed for the winter! Phoned and the lady was really rude to me! I have noticed a few people mention you could get bait there, but now we know you can't! I wouldn't go there anyways, bad phone manners=bad customer service...at least in my books!

Guest erie_guy

No way! She was rude!? HAHAHA! That's the only kind of service I've ever got from her, and man I'm talkin' like for over 25 years now. Actually I haven't been there in over 10 years - I refuse to reward someone as ignorant as that. Rarely is anyone ever in the shop, so you ring the buzzer and wait 5 minutes. You ring it again in case they didn't hear you because she might've been doing laundry or something, then wait another 5 minutes to get your head bitten off for ringing the stupid buzzer twice. Once I bought 2 dozen of the 4 dozen crayfish she had, and man was she mad at me. Said I was taking it from her regular customers - none that I've ever seen! When I was 14 I thought I might buy a reel from them. She was so rude and hostile I ended up walking out and going to Canadian Tire. I'd wittle a twig and glue a twist-tie to it before I'd buy minnows from her. I thnk they're only in business for the tax write-off. :lol:

Guest cplummer

BINGO we have a winner... i've known them for 25 years and used to go there and yes it's a tax writeoff... they are so very ignorant.They might as well put up a sign saying STAY AWAY . Wait they don't need a sign .. just go there once thats all it takes..

cliff...

They used to have a vending machine out front with live bait and the whole bit. There was minnows in little bags of water just baking in the hot sun all day. Glad I'm not the only one that got my head bit off. As a kid I really thought I did something wrong. You'll notice no one has them as a favourite in the tackle shop section here.

yep yep.. don't like them either... for the same reasons as ya'll posted. haven't been there in years, thought they closed up shop, would call and call and call and no one would answer... not to mention whatever is in the shop, is all they've got and there's no more interest in getting anything else... or even having a somewhat happy customer :lol: l

Archived