Everybody's welcome

Saturday March 29, 2008, 6:00 PM

Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake

500 York Road

tickets $80.00 ea

2 for $150.00

table of eight $560.00

For tickets e-mail: pfniagara@sympatico.ca

This is a great event and Pheasants Forever is doing great work here in Niagara. They've created habitat and, yes, the pheasants moved right in! I went to last year's sold-out dinner and my wife scooped up a real bargain in the silent auction. There is also a live auction, draws and guest speakers. See you there!

For more info about Pheasants Forever:

http://www.pheasantsforever.ca

Ninepointer

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys, Ian Magee from Pheasants Forever Niagara emailed me all the details but I can't open it up because for some stupid reason I can't reload my Microsoft Office program since getting my computer fixed with Word and Excel and stuff on it..trying to figure that out...if anyone needs any more details I will be corresponding alot with Ian over the next little while as I am helping to set up a habitat restoration/enhancement project with him as we speak.

And also Nine Pointer, nice meeting you last weekend at the pot luck game dinner in Port Colbourne :D

• 1 month later...

Ok guys it's time to step up to the plate :P

View calendar entry

For those of you who don't have time to get involved with fish and wildlife programs or habitat planting etc. you can do your part by just going out for dinner. Yes it is expensive. That is because it is a fund raiser. If your not like me and spend hundreds of dollars every year to renew your multiple memberships to various organizations, you can give back another way. By attending a fund raising dinner like this one.

Pheasants forever does not release pheasants. They secure properties and restore them back to a hospitable state for our wildlife and not just pheasants but an assortment of species including allot of endangered ones. Even if you don't hunt, as fisherman you can appreciate how things on land affect the fisheries through runoff. A healthy land environment adds clean water for our fish to swim in. Having wild turkeys to look at on the way to the dock is a sign things are getting better.

Pheasants Forever Niagara needs your help this weekend just to get off the ground. They are hosting their fund raising dinner in Niagara on the Lake so it should be a classy deal. Dinner will be followed by an auction and from the conversation I just had with Ian Magee, there will be some awesome must haves up for bid. This is an event put on by sportsman for sportsman. I really hope the Niagara area sportsman step up to the plate :P

Also there is an outdoor speaker Dan Elliot, the Provincial Coordinator of the Pheasant program from the MNR, with a power point presentation. Dan will be able to answer all your questions and stress the importance of this program.

Michael Olsen Chef from Canada In The Rough, will be signing DVD videos.

Once again, please visit The calendar entry

From talking with Ian about this gala, it seems like it's going to be quite the event, of course they are hoping to get numbers up a little bit, now that I already brought to the executive last month about the FECC sending 2 people, and you mentioned this as well Dan, I can't go gotta work, but it would only be fitting for the club to send 2 reps in light of the project we been planning with them as well. Then after this weekend, hopefully we will steam roll ahead a bit more on the habitat restoration project for the spring. I brought this up at the club already..and i also forwarded all the contact info ect and info on the banquet to Connie as well about a month or more ago

Once again, there will be great prizes this year, including:

Advance Taxidermy Mount

Quail Hunt in Arizona

Grouse / woodcock Hunt in Northern Ontario with Lodging

Guided Fishing Charters

Duck Hunt and Pheasant Hunt with the Canada in the Rough team (filmed)

Phone (905) 682-7868 to get tickets for the banquet in Niagara-on-the-Lake this Saturday.

Archived