One of Those Days At Dunnville

scottydog

Well Guys: Went to Vic Powells this morning. Was the first one there. Got there around 5:30am. Mistake number one. Forgot the latern. Thank good for the moonlight and my bic lighter. Got out on the ice and was pumped. Then the gas auger gave me trouble. I could not get the lock bolt to thread in and then lost it on the ice. After about a half hour search we got it and finally drilled a hole about 6:30am. Got our lines set and started to fish. Used Raps and Buckshots firsts. Nothing. Tried a dropper weight with a 4lb leader to a three inch minnow, nothing. Did have the odd light tap. My buddy brought the wrong pair of boots and his feet froze up. I decided to set up my hut. Went to do this and realized I had left the support bars in my truck. So then had to walk back to the truck and back to our spot. By this time first light bite was almost done. Did set the hut up and got my friend warm. Fished til 11:00am. Got a few smelt. Was in about 14ft of water.Had a couple of good lifts but no eyes. Was a frustrating kind of day but it sure beats working. Alot of guys out. All moving around. Hope there day was better than mine. Next time will be better. Good Fishing. Scottydog

Archived