niagara perch

chef ryk

NO!... im getting sick of getting shafted at the NPC marina so this morning I went out to the Black Creek Bridge and tried all around the mouth of the creek, moved around all over. I know that in the fall there are lots of perch in there and pike, but couldnt get ne thing. im going to try there again tonight at 5 pm... there has to be perch in there somewhere!!!!

Brad :Gonefishing:

Guest FRANKROY
I caught a couple on the rec. waterway in Welland today.  Another fellow had about 15 and 2 were about 12" and very fat. So they are around you just have to look for them.

8480[/snapback]

What part of the olc canal were you fishin???

Frankroy, anywhere south of the broadway bridge with a regular setup tipped with minnows and right on the bottom. There are quite a few holes dripped out there now just spud them out to save your auger. good luck maybe see you out one day soon.

Sirfishalot

Is that where the boat ramp is? I was going to go this past monday but ended up hitting rameys and the sugarloaf got a bunch of smelt and tried all over that damn marina for crappies needless to say didn't catch any crappies but gonna have one good feed of smelt :blush:

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

I was going to go this past monday but ended up hitting rameys and the sugarloaf got a bunch of smelt and tried all over that damn marina for crappies needless to say didn't catch any crappies but gonna have one good feed of smelt  :worthy:

8521[/snapback]

Denis If you ever get not enough smelt to have a good feed,and if you can freeze them with the guts and head I'd like to take some up to Nipigon in June.

Denis the part of the waterway is where the wWelland ski club used to be , near towline road entrance. STAY OFF THE ICE!!!!!. The seaway opened the lockes in Port and the water level rose 4 to 5 ft overnight so ther is open water all around the edges about 10ft or so . It might be ready for the weekend but with this warming trend I don't know....Thom

Hey thanks for the warning. I just dropped a neighbour off after getting a derby ticket from Denis and he was telling me he was headed there this aft. You just saved him a trip from Fort Erie. I know alot of guys will find their way out anyway but I don't think the ice has the same integrity in the middle after that much rise. Hopefully everyone will stay off for a bit so the town doesn't come kicking us off like they did a few years back. Guys were fishing in unsafe conditions so even when it did get better, they'd kick us off.

Guest Walleye Finder
Hey Guys...

Caught 1 med size perch this morning at the Bertie Boat Club... some other guys catching smelt on the Canoe Club side... thats all

8620[/snapback]

I told you that it was not a productive spot.....But Port COL. on the other hand is hot !!!! my secret dock !!!!

Walleye Finder

I told you that it was not a productive spot.....But Port COL. on the other hand is hot !!!! my secret dock !!!!

Walleye Finder

8621[/snapback]

can you tell me, are they fishing ouside of the marina.i can't get ther until next weekend.

Yeah they are fishing outside the marina... today I seen three huts way out there so i assume that it is safe. maybe one day I will walk way out there and try it... last week I ventured out of the marina and the ice was very thin but I guess its ok now... good luck

Guest Walleye Finder
Yeah they are fishing outside the marina... today I seen three huts way out there so i assume that it is safe. maybe one day I will walk way out there and try it... last week I ventured out of the marina and the ice was very thin but I guess its ok now... good luck

8628[/snapback]

6-9 INCHES of ice inside the marina. 4-6 outside of the wall. Safe now, but who knows after this warm spell.

Walleye Finder

6-9 INCHES of ice inside the marina. 4-6 outside of the wall. Safe now, but who knows after this warm spell.

Walleye Finder

8629[/snapback]

thanks for the info. i hope it stiffens up. i can't get out to next weekend and boy do i have the itch!!!

Archived