GM gate 12 iceee or no iceee

Guest pikemasta13

99.9% sure its frozen

there are rockbass, smallies, pike there.

i imagine if it hasnt been drained there could be some trout and loads of carp.

i wouldnt reccomend ice fishing it unless you know its safe because the current changes so much the ice could be really wonky. unless the current doesnt change at all during the closed season for the canal.

Guest pikemasta13
99.9% sure its frozen

there are rockbass, smallies, pike there.

i imagine if it hasnt been drained there could be some trout and loads of carp.

i wouldnt reccomend ice fishing it unless you know its safe because the current changes so much the ice could be really wonky.  unless the current doesnt change at all during the closed season for the canal.

8533[/snapback]

ok thanks how about the marina at POrt d???

i cant post anything however looking out from my desk I can see Ice going pretty far out. i would assume the marina is frozen. the channel is open, probably not all the way to the end though. looking fdown the lake it seems that there is ice far out all the way to port d.

Guest pikemasta13

We have has a couple days with sunshine would this cause the ice to start to melt.

LOL i dont no much about ice conditions im more of a summer spring guy...when do you expect i could get out there and fish for pike?

GM ... well once they open the canal the water will be running through it much faster. at the moment im ot gonna say too much i dont want to jinx the f***ing varmit tomorrow.

i want spring.

Guest pikemasta13

Tell me about it its gettin nirve wrecking just sittin here , espically when i have day off and i have nothing to do like tommorw. I cannot stand winter except for the hockey part. Well this year was kick in the as$ ...gary has to go.

When do you think ice will start melting give me estimate time.

Guest pikemasta13

How often do you fish Gm whats your biggest pike from there. Last year i caught a 45" muskie/ and 32-33" pike/and tons of big 4 pound smallies.

Guest pikemasta13

LoL yes i did a day of carp caught 12 pound and smaller ones. Nothing could beat the fight of that muskei though it was caught by the small waterfall. Took about 10 minutes to real in i thought i was snagged LOL ...ill prolly never run into another one like that again .Plenty of pike there though ...small but ull get the odd big one if you fish it alot.

thanks agian for your input

pIke

i have seen a few carp in the 30-40 pound range

the ywere pigs however i wasnt fishing with full doughnuts so they were uninterested

check yours private messages window pikemasta

Archived