blue fox ice fishing spoons?

Guest christopher

Guest christopher

has any body ever try these spoons.I was fishing with a guy yesterday that was hammering the perch like there was no tommorow. he got 20 to 25 nice perch to my 5 on minnows. :Gonefishing:

Guest Eyelike2fish

Hey Chris,

I posted something similar to this before. When I am perch fishing I find when the perch are there and not taking minnows I switch to a silver cleo tipped with wax worms. In most cases I will out fish people using minnows till they catch on and switch to a spoon. If the bite gets really good I don't even tip the cleo anymore just get it down there as fast as you can to keep the perch there.

Steve

Christopher, go buy a few of those spoons. I love them. When it's slow on Simcoe, I give that a few shakes. Nothing happening, I grab the finesse rod and drop down a tiny jighead tipped with a shiner. I try to deadstick it inches from bottom. Then once I get one fish, I quickly land it and switch the spoon right away. If you can get a good frenzy going, the fish will hit that spoon like they can't resist. plus, you can get the spoon back down to bottom fast. With the tiny jigs, it might take 30 or 40 seconds in 30 feet of water. With the spoon, it's about 10 seconds. I've watched a cloud of perch (on the vexilar) come up after I hook the first one. If I don't get a lure back down to them quickly, they're gone in no time. Keep them interested, get a frenzy going and you can have some fast and furious action. You don't even need to tip them with bait or even jig those spoons. If there are perch around, they come in for a look on the drop. Just stop it and let it sit. I bet it would work with just about any painted spoon, but to me, it's become a confidence thing.

Good Luck!

Archived