Pheasants Forever - A BIG THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to everybody for making last Saturday's Pheasants Forever Niagara banquet such a huge success!!! Over $10,000 was raised to support habitat restoration and every penny of it stays in the local chapter.

At the dinner, area sportspeople heard a fascinating presentation by Dan Elliot from the MNR about Ontario's wild pheasant restoration project. And those who attended Sundays tour of one of Pheasants Forever's habitat projects were treated to the magnificent sight of a wild cockbird busting into the air, cackling and feathers shimmering in the sunlight!!! Thanks to your support this is something we will be seeing more of around here!

http://www.pheasantsforever.ca

PFNiagara@sympatico.ca

That's great news about the fundraiser. I am expecting to hear from Ian Magee very soon in regards to the habitat restoration project we are trying to pull together on part of the Stevensville Conservation Area. I am just waiting on some word from Ian, and a rep from the MNR so I can forward this info to the NPCA for approval. Then the MNR will begin the prepping stages for this project. We took it up within the executive committee and then it was passed onto the general to take the money that is ear-marked in our annual budget for pheasant release will be put into this project instead for this year, and when we where first approached by Pheasant's Forever in regards to this project it was stated that they would match or better our contribution into this project B)

All that being said I would like to give a big :rolleyes: to Chilli, because he keeps getting contacted about different aspects of this since the get go,even though they have been told countless times that I am the one taking on this project on behalf of the club, and as one of the areas as a trustee that I was appointed to help out with as a part of the executive committee for the club. I think people just like bugging you Dan cuz they know you have a full plate :) ...thanks for your help buddy :worthy:

I also attended the banquet as one of the representatives of the Fort Erie Conservation Club. Pheasants Forever is a group of passionate and dedicated people willing to make the effort to restore a rich part of Ontario's heritage. The Niagara region has some of the best climate and habitat for this endeavour and with the selfless people leading the way I'm sure it will make a remarkable comeback. Congratulations on a great night and I look forward to the next event.

John

I had the pleasure recently of tagging along on a tour that PF had organized of a site for a possible major habitat restoration project here in Niagara. I was thoroughly impressed with the range of upland habitat experts and biologists that PF brought with them and the enthusiasm that these people showed towards PF's work. I look forward to the day when I or my kid's can go afield and actually expect to flush pheasants :)

Archived