Valens Report

Guest vidarling

Guest vidarling

Hey,

Made it to Valens for the first time today. Nice place, 200km round trip from the heart of fonthill.

Lots of ice At least 12 inches. Gave the new auger a good workout $7.50 for a carload and parking nice and close to the ice.

No action at first but as soon as the sun started to get close to the horizon the bite picked up pretty good. Son number 1 was very happy!

image100cr.jpg

Managed 7 in under an hour before the wife started honking the horn for us to head back to the van. It was a lot of fun. Good practice cleaning these. The boy wanted to have some for breakfast!

image135fq.jpg

We had the best luck with a pink nuclear ant tipped with a grub (maggot) . Our first crappie through the ice and my first crappie in a long while!

We will definately be heading back!

Tight Lines,

Ian

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Guest bigfishbass

thanks for the report....looks like the little guy had alot of fun... i take my little guy up to buckhorn all the time for crappie fishing... he loves it....mind you i hardly fish when he's fishing cause i'm the one that has to take the fish off the hooks and bait them.... but it is fun watching them have a great time.

Archived