Just a Question about RODS

fanggo

bamboo rods with cork handles. Are thy worth anything?

Because they are so long are they still good for trout fishing?

I had the opportunity to fish last year, as an amateur, with a pro who had rods that were worth several hundreds of dollars and they blew me away. Strong wind, choppy water and strong current, yet I could feel the bottom the whole time. The rods made the difference.

Do I keep these old things because I love the way they look and will hang then in my next garage or cottage? Do I try to use them? I only have two.

Just want your ideas.

Thanks

bamboo rods with cork handles. Are thy worth anything?

Because they are so long are they still good for trout fishing?

I had the opportunity to fish last year, as an amateur, with a pro who had rods that were worth several hundreds of dollars and they blew me away. Strong wind, choppy water and strong current, yet I could feel the bottom the whole time. The rods made the difference.

Do I keep these old things because I love the way they look and will hang then in my next garage or cottage? Do I try to use them? I only have two.

Just want your ideas.

Thanks

Depending on the rods they could be worth more than the pros that you fished with.

I'll dig them out of storage - not hard.

Take a picture and post it - now that I can again.

Now you have my interest. Even if not worth a thing, I was thinking that they still would be good for fly fishing and trout?

Thanks for the spark.

the beauty in any rod or reel is not in the "look" or $$$ spent

but in the feel in YOUR hand when taking that fish that it was

crafted to capture ! be grateful for the touch it gives you to a

world unknown to so many people that have never experinced the

joy excitement of fishing. these tools are meant to be enjoyed

and used ! :dunno: now lets see some pics of your, our passion

Took my sorry sad tired butt to my storage unit.

Seems my memory is not as good as it used to be. Don't even remember if it was ever good.

No cork handles (wood) and only one rod and without the tip - it measures 9 feet now.

Then there are two parts of two different rods. One tip and one 6 foot part.

Both have wooden handles with brass fittings. The one lost all the eyes because the rope (?) broke away with the moves. Nothing written near the handles or anywhere.

I love the look of them and I love the idea that they have caught many a fish for many a table in days gone by, if not just provided someone with hours or years of enjoyment, isolation/or bonding and thrills.

rods003.jpg

rods001.jpg

rods006.jpg

rods005-1.jpg

Archived