Queenston & the Bar

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Read on another forum that the fishing is good at Queenston,lots of Bows,Lake Trout and Walleye being caught.

Is this true? All i've seen for the last while is it's not very good!

Ok whos holding back info

Will I know there not geting what you would call good fishing at the Bar.The river on the Canadian side down where the good drifts are,are all blocked up with river ice. :worthy:

Well that's no good. I was wondering what the mouth was like.

Guys are having some luck in the river though. Since they haven't posted, perhaps they're enjoying the productive drifts with less boat traffic. I dunno. But I do know, when I get my elaectronic chip installed Monday, Niagara is where my boat will be heading the first free day i get.

I'll be happy to inspect a few drifts down/across the river and let you guys know how things went for me.

Well the fishing has been pretty good this week. I've been out almost everyday from shore in the morning. The guys on shore weren't getting anything really, but the boats were hammering them every drift. Not in front of Queenston but further down where I was fishing. Minnows seem to be the ticket right now, with roe coming in second. I'm gonna try and fish Sunday on the boat. Goodluck to anyone heading out. The walleye are also going pretty well on the American side on the Stella drift.

Archived