Trout in Martindale

marth11

hey i went doen to martindale yesterday (saturday) me and my buds weren't catching anything at first then i saw my rod tip almost bend in half then all you hear is my drag go flying. manage to surface it a couple of times thought it was a catfish cause i fished it on bottom. but to my suprise its was good size probelly at the most 8 - 9 lbs rainbow caught it on 5'6" zebco med-heavy action rod with a worm and spilt shot rig. it was a blast :worthy:

nice, i was i jordan today tryin to catch some trout... they were everywhere except on my line it seemed. worms, roe, yarn, corn, nothin worked. but i did get a bass and some other fish ive never seen before on worms. and pulled a nice brookie maybe 5lbs max... more like 3 or so from chippawa creek yesterday

5lb Brookie??? 3lb brookie???? check again rock . Not in Chippawa or Jordan. Possibly a brown if Jordan.

Hasn't been a report of a salmon or trout in Chippawa in probably 20 to 30 yrs. I can remember them bout 35 yrs ago spawning at grassy brook crk.

i have pics of the fish. and i was out sat mornin around 10am between stanley and the power canal, just past the trails where everyone rides their atv's. the spot i was at had 2 fallen trees and could see the train bridge. and i pulled a trout out of there. my manager from work even seen it. ill be honest im not too familiar with what seperates the diff kinds as of markings... but it looked like what i thought a brookie was.

100_0294.jpg

100_0294.jpg

and i dont see how its soo hard to believe. chippawa connects to the niagara river, and there are certainly trout in there. i thought it was odd to find it there too, but even when i was tellin my dad about it he didnt think nothing of it.

Guest canada

Just a reminder dudes trout are out of season still on the inland waterways,youcan fish Jordon up to the QEW but beyond that the season is CLOSED!!! So I wouldn't be keeping any trout yet from the inland waters or for that matter targeting them!! Saturday is the opener and there should be loads of trouties in the tribs this year they seam to be about 2 weeks late!!

Guest canada
nice, i was i jordan today tryin to catch some trout... they were everywhere except on my line it seemed. worms, roe, yarn, corn, nothin worked. but i did get a bass and some other fish ive never seen before on worms. and pulled a nice brookie maybe 5lbs max... more like 3 or so from chippawa creek yesterday

Jordan is CLOSED till Saturday Dude aswell as Chippawa creek read the regs or it may be expensive fishing trip!!!!

haha well gotta love the info ya get from other fishers haha, seems always tryin to set ya up to get caught or screwed over some how. encountered this kinda a thing a few times since january already at diff spots and in regards to diff things.

Thats good news that Rainbow trout are making their way into Chippawa Creek. The US stocking program in Lake Erie has been good for fishing the Upper Niagara around Fort Erie. I can see trout making there way to the intakes at Chippawa and making their way down as far as the Hydro Canal. I got a surprise one year fishing the Hydro reservoir in April and picking up a nice Rainbow.

the Hydro resevoir has always had rainbows in there, I used to do alot of fishing in there back in the day, and there where always a couple good spots for rainbows, too bad they don't really want anyone fishing in there any more, they have cracked down on all that crap since some guys decided to crash a plane into a couple buildings in NY :D:( .

For Rockndafishes...you are better off to get a copy of the regs and check it out yourself if the guys giving you the info aren't very seasoned anglers...even at that for 2008 there are some regs in place that never used to be...for example closed season on pike in some inland areas, and no more netting or spearing pike either...the general regs are the same as far as inland trout goes.

Every now and again there is the odd rainbow caught in the Welland River system

It's funny that this has come up and I'm reading it right after getting off the phone with FishinFeldie...Him and a buddy went out to Grassy Brook tonight and caught a trout...I'm sure he'll post the pics when he comes online...Maybe they're making a comeback in that area

Archived