Kids Derby May 3rd

FishyWishy

I know there is a kids derby on may 3rd...I think it is at Port D and I plan on bringing at least 1 of my kids (probably both if Mommy will help). What time is it? What is the cost? What species? Are there prizes for the kids? Who can I thank for organizing a day of fun for the kiddies?

Thanks,

FW

I am sorry I've been getting behind on the web page :( . I'll whip something tonight after work.

In the mean time, why not click on my signiture to go to the G&F web site and bookmark it in your favourites.

Dan :D

The Kid's Day web site is now up.

Please view http://scgameandfish.net/ and follow the Kid's Day link for details.

There is no breed of fish specified because it is strictly a catch and release derby only.

There will be 2 changes this year that will make it different than past derbies.

• All prizes must be picked up the day of the derby by 6pm
  • We ask that only the fish appearing to exceed the length of the fish your child has already had measured be submitted. This will speed things up when it's time to calculate the winners by removing 100's of gobies etc from the computer inputing.

Please be sure to visit the website and I hope to see you and your kids on May 3rd B)

Thanks for all of the replies. I think it will be fun for the kiddies and their parents too.

Is Martindale pond legit, or just off the PD pier? What are the boundaries? Where do you measure etc.

I know, I know more questions. LOL.

FW

The boundaries are simple. Both piers , fish in the harbour. If you have to climb or go around a fence, your out of bounds. The docks in front of the club are normally open for kids day. Please do not fish on the emergency ramp just North of the ramp or in front of the yacht club. The first section of "fisherman's pier" Just upstream from the clubhouse will be marked as designated for "special needs". Please respect this area as there are usually some late comers in that catagory so lets keep it reserved.

The long lengths of pier stretching into the Lake are generally empty with most choosing to fish the docks, fisherman's pier or behind the Legion. there are generally no boats docked and this is one of the reasons the derby is held so early in the year. If by chance there are boats docked, please respect the area around them. You'll see, unless it's a huge blowout with 1000 or more kids attending, there will be plenty of room for the kids to enjoy fishing.

The boundaries are simple. Both piers , fish in the harbour. If you have to climb or go around a fence, your out of bounds. The docks in front of the club are normally open for kids day. Please do not fish on the emergency ramp just North of the ramp or in front of the yacht club. The first section of "fisherman's pier" Just upstream from the clubhouse will be marked as designated for "special needs". Please respect this area as there are usually some late comers in that catagory so lets keep it reserved.

The long lengths of pier stretching into the Lake are generally empty with most choosing to fish the docks, fisherman's pier or behind the Legion. there are generally no boats docked and this is one of the reasons the derby is held so early in the year. If by chance there are boats docked, please respect the area around them. You'll see, unless it's a huge blowout with 1000 or more kids attending, there will be plenty of room for the kids to enjoy fishing.

Thanks Dan,

I've ony ever fished on the peirs jutting out into the lake, "strolling" husky jerks for walleyes at night, so I am not familiar with the rest of PD. I guess this will be when I aquaint myself with the area more.

FW

Archived