First Walleye of the year

Guest chilli

You'd think living in Fort Erie I'd have many notches on the walleye belt but fishing from shore can be difficult in this shallow lake and river. This year, I've got the itch for a boat like never before. Well I finnally splashed a little zinc on that itch with my first walleye of the year.

Last night at midnight I was deciding whether to go out and try try again or wait till morning and bring the boys out again as my wife works early and there was no chance for a solo. The boys lost out and the rubber boots went on.

Thanks Denis from Fishinniagara for the tips like where and how and to Bigfish for the tweak information. Seems what works in St Catharines isn't best in Fort Erie and Denis helped me out. That tweak thingy just reinforced Denis' info by keeping over the fish instead of plowing bottom. That's why these message boards help.

Here she is. Not a mounter but a good eater. Thanks guys

walleye090304.jpg

I was actually considering going down there with the wife aswell.... well, i don't know what the 'house pier is like on a Fri. so i was waiting for my former party to tell me.... if there's not a bunch of drunk teenies pissing around i will likely be there ;)

You'd think living in Fort Erie I'd have many notches on the walleye belt but fishing from shore can be difficult in this shallow lake and river. This year, I've got the itch for a boat like never before. Well I finnally splashed a little zinc on that itch with my first walleye of the year.

Last night at midnight I was deciding whether to go out and try try again or wait till morning and bring the boys out again as my wife works early and there was no chance for a solo. The boys lost out and the rubber boots went on.

Thanks Denis from Fishinniagara for the tips like where and how and to Bigfish for the tweak information. Seems what works in St Catharines isn't best in Fort Erie and Denis helped me out. That tweak thingy just reinforced Denis' info by keeping over the fish instead of plowing bottom. That's why these message boards help.

Here she is. Not a mounter but a good eater. Thanks guys

walleye090304.jpg

567[/snapback]

Nice fish chilli :P Looks like you don't have to go to far to catch good fish just put in a little time and effort. ;)

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

;)

Outstanding Chilli Your first!

I've never fished them,maybe one day,if I can find the time.

Great to hear Denis is helping out with your quest.

Were you fishing from your boat?

Nope, not from the boat. Sorry fulogas but I'm prolly not the one to ask about that. I've been trying like hell all year and this is the first of the year. Maby after I tune a few more in. You know how it is. You just can't get it and everyone else is getting them. Then you feel something real subtle thats different and it works good from then on. Well I think I've got it now but can't be sure till I get out again in about 3 or 4 days.

If your fishing lake Erie you'll get em in the boat off of the BBC in Crystal Beach but if your on shore, as I understand it you might as well wait till dark and hit the current.

Archived