Queenston - Conditions

edg

Nice crisp morning water was very clear. Lots of people fishing at the ramp and the sand dock - not much being caught. Did however get to meet Full of Gas and DAJ B) .

Tried to float the dock - still to cold for a center slider. The bead would freeze and not allow the roe to get to the depth I had set. Oh well warmer weather is coming.

Tightlines!

Guest squig69

was there also, caught a nice bow around 4+lbs, meet full of gas also, was parked in front of me. hes the first ive met from the board. caught the bow on streamer around 9 or 10. just noticed the guy with the float reel as i was leaving, guess it was you. still a beauty day to be fishing open water. good to meet ya full of gas.

chris

i aswell was down there, showed up around 1pm or so.... met FOG and Flywire and seen 2 caught...... and watched the streamer guys himself using roe B)

great day to be out....

8938[/snapback]

yea i tried it :lol: i never catch anything on roe..wont make that mistake again.

any way headn out to queenston thismorning see what happns

yea i tried it  :P  i never catch anything on roe..wont make that mistake again.

any way headn out  to queenston thismorning see what happns

8939[/snapback]

can someone post what a streamer looks like?

Oh, yesterday we managed two on minnows fishing the river in a boat....no idea the drift, as we just drifted downstream with our lines in the water.

Good to see you guys getting out and catching some fish, makes me envious. Drove down to Bronte yesterday just to check the boat launch and there was a guy ice-fishing about sixty yards in front of it. That answered my question.

Steve Hamilton, check out this site, neat map you can print that shows the most popular drifts. http://www.niagarariveranglers.com/images/Map_b_033002.jpg

:Gonefishing: Glad to here someone caught a fish. By the way, I don't own a float reel (yet), so the guy with float reel was not me. I was there from 8am till about 11am.

Will go again next Saturday, weather and river conditions permitting.

Tightlines!

Edward

Archived