My year at the Niagara Part 1

durkin09

Well I haven't really been posting as I go this year because of school and work not leaving me a lot of free time. But did get out quite a bit this year whether it was with the old man, friends, myself or even Cast Adventures one time. What an awesome year it was, probably my most productive year yet with a lot of fish coming on a lot of different baits and presentations. Learned a lot of new things that helped put more fish in the boat. With the season coming to an end I have compiled a selection of the fish from this season from November to April. Also caught a few surprises like a 40" muskie which was released unharmed, and a few walleye's in the 8-10lb range which were also released. Just goes to show what an awesome and diverse fishery the Niagara is. Now it's time to put the riggers back on and find those Kings, hopefully get one to win me some money in the SC G&F Derby. I entered one of these lakers, but it has been beat. It was 14lb 10oz. Good luck to all in the derby.

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture013.jpg

I think my fav pic of that lot is the one with the nice steelie and the snow flying all around, Me,Cliff, and Bones where out in my boat that day too and it got pretty nasty :lol: there was like 2 inches of snow in myboat by the time we got home with it, that pic sums up the day pretty good man :worthy:

I think my fav pic of that lot is the one with the nice steelie and the snow flying all around, Me,Cliff, and Bones where out in my boat that day too and it got pretty nasty :lol: there was like 2 inches of snow in myboat by the time we got home with it, that pic sums up the day pretty good man :Gonefishing:

Yeah that was an awesome day. Wish we could have stayed longer but we might not have made it home, that night we got like 20cm of snow. Fish were hot but only for one bait, once we found it, it was non-stop. Sometimes you gotta brave the elements and usually it's worth it.

ya here is what my boat looked like within a very short time of getting home that day!!! :o:lol:

braving the elements for sure, I remember looking upstream back toward Queenston and there was a couple times you couldn't even seeanything onthere than white. And...the nasty sting of that stuff hitting in the face and eyes when running around in the boat too :Gonefishing: Ahh YES!!! gotta love winter steelie fishin B)

Archived