Cooks Bay

Guest bigfishbass

Guest bigfishbass

Well once again headed out to Ice Cabins as we booked 2 seprate days with them as part of their pre season deal. On the road at 630 am with the wife and PickerelHunter, stop at tim's and hit the hwy. Mind you it was like driving in a cup of milk due to the fog...but were on the ice at 805am.

The lake was really fogged over and you couldn't see 10ft infront of you, with a chilly wind. Set up our holes...and got all excited as we saw a fish through the water....thinking here we go.... but the fish just looked at the minnow and at us...and I swear i heard a fish laugh...then it moved on. I thought it would be best to crack open the "pop" "CC" we brought with us and by 930am had 2 drinks each. :lol: Talked to a few people about the "bite" but they didn't

really know what I was talking about....as there was NO BITE. Some guys next to us were catching the odd one but they looked a bit small.

Finally around 1130 PickerelHunter and the wife landed one together as a joined effort...don't ask....it's a long story. B) Good size perch around 12-13 inches with a good size belly.

Right after lunch...as i was socializing...the wife hears a knock on the cabin door...sure enough OPP...fishing license time....well we showed our appropriate paper work (plastic) to the officer and off he went to count rods etc. About 10 mins later..... MNR ...came around one of the nicest looking snow machine i have ever seen....included with a trailer.

05_T660_Turbo_Touring_Black.jpg

He punched some co-ordinates into his gps.... and kindly asked for the closest rest room on the ice....he didn't look or sound too healthly, so I pointed him in the right direction.

All in all.... out of 2 trips to cooks bay...3 fish is the result...terrible if you ask me... sure we missed first ice....but truly...it should have been better. And it wasn't just us...talked to lots of people between the 2 days and NO one was taking in a good catch. Hopefully last ice will be more productive....

Mind you it was nice to get out fishing.... :D

Guest Walleye Finder
Well once again headed out to Ice Cabins as we booked 2 seprate days with them as part of their pre season deal.  On the road at 630 am with the wife and PickerelHunter, stop at tim's and hit the hwy.  Mind you it was like driving in a cup of milk due to the fog...but were on the ice at 805am.

The lake was really fogged over and you couldn't see 10ft infront of you, with a chilly wind.  Set up our holes...and got all excited as we saw a fish through the water....thinking here we go.... but the fish just looked at the minnow and at us...and I swear i heard a fish laugh...then it moved on.  I thought it would be best to crack open the "pop" "CC" we brought with us and by 930am had 2 drinks each.  :dunno: Talked to a few people about the "bite" but they didn't

really know what I was talking about....as there was NO BITE.  Some guys next to us were catching the odd one but they looked a bit small.

Finally around 1130 PickerelHunter and the wife landed one together as a joined effort...don't ask....it's a long story.  :P  Good size perch around 12-13 inches with a good size belly. 

Right after lunch...as i was socializing...the wife hears a knock on the cabin door...sure enough OPP...fishing license time....well we showed our appropriate paper work (plastic) to the officer and off he went to count rods etc.  About 10 mins later..... MNR ...came around one of the nicest looking snow machine i have ever seen....included with a trailer.

05_T660_Turbo_Touring_Black.jpg

He punched some co-ordinates into his gps.... and kindly asked for the closest rest room on the ice....he didn't look or sound too healthly, so I pointed him in the right direction.

All in all.... out of 2 trips to cooks bay...3 fish is the result...terrible if you ask me... sure we missed first ice....but truly...it should have been better.  And it wasn't just us...talked to lots of people between the 2 days and NO one was taking in a good catch.  Hopefully last ice will be more productive....

Mind you it was nice to get out fishing.... :D

8945[/snapback]

I wonder what the book makers in Vegas had set the odds to your total fish caught for the day would have been...My guess would have been 2.5 fish....AND I STILL WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE UNDER BROTHER !!!!!!!!! LOL

SEE YA AT WORK BRTHER

Walleye Finder

Archived