Spring birds sightings

Well spring is definitely here when you see the Orioles. First it's the robins although some never leave, then the grackles, herons and raptors, an assortment of song birds and finally the orioles. We have plenty of them around the region. I don't remember them when I was younger but they are becoming quite common.

Here's a little guy we believe hit our window so we had the opportunity to photo him while he gathered his wits before flying off into the trees. You will find this bird on the cover of many bird books. He is a Red Breasted Grosbeak.

rbgb2.jpg

rbgb1.jpg

Got some spring photo's to share?

Guest canada

Saw a pair of Baltimore Orioles on Thursday at St John's they sure are pretty little birds!!! Watched a kingfisher feeding on minnows at ther pond aswell it was neat to watch him sit in the tree spot a minnow then dart down and grab it!!

I too had a pair of Baltimore Oriorls come in front of my car two days ago. Camera in hand but NOOOOO they took off to the tree tops after I stopped the car.

Goodness they are beautiful. I did see them today. That was buy Lake Eire just on the road to the cottages. Haven't seen them in years. Got to love spring.

Little leaf coverage and the birds are everywhere calling for their mates and frolicking in the trees.

A new season begins. You can smell it in the air.

Archived