Beer in the Boat

Guest chilli

Just a short time ago, there was a discussion about whether beer was aloud in the boat. Not sure what board I was reading.

Someone suggested you could transport it but could not have an open case or container. Another said you could legally drink beer in the boat as long as you were anchored and under the legal limit of alcohol/ blood content.

Does anyone here know for sure?

Guest bigfish1965

Unless you are moored and have a head/kitchen you cannot consume. Good rule since there are a gazillion boats on our waterways and the last thing we need are tipsy boaters on the upper Niagara ..

Unless you are moored and have a head/kitchen  you cannot consume. Good rule since there are a gazillion boats on our waterways and the last thing we need are tipsy boaters on the upper Niagara ..

595[/snapback]

In new york state waters beer and alcohol are allowed as long as the operator is not intoxicated. i have fished beside many americans and talked about this as they slowly drink that ice cold frosty golden beer. i drink water any ways especially when its 90 degrees and i'm sweating like a hoe on nickel day. i really wish canada changed it's policy on alcohol on board, i don't think there is anything wrong with a few buddies going out at 7 am up north and staying out till 4 or so and having 2 or 3 beers each or even having a beer with your sandwich at noon,but, i guess it's easier to ban it all than to allow a little. i must add however fishing in some us waters this saturday, i noticed at least 3 beer cans at the bottom of 4 feet of water, can't say i've seen that many in ontario in the last several years. i know many of us still carry beer on board but not me, i don't need to add another worry to the daily expenditures of owning a boat as well as another bill to pay. let's keep safe out there this last holiday weekend, John.

Guest SkeinMachine

Ever notice the people comsuming booze,are the same one's that often complain about not catching fish??

Too much time spent concentrating on the bottle,than the rod.

Leave's more fish for those of us,that take the hobby serious ;)

Archived