Cooks Bay

ham&eggs

Went from Gilford.Caught 20 or so perch.Very bad conditions to walk in.Water ,slush,snow ,all mixed in.I have good boots but got wet by the end of the day.Walked back to shore to get the vechicle& went back out to get the gear.My son & brother were with me.Caught just enough fish to keep us awake.Roughly 16in. of ice.Thank god for the power auger.Will be trying Fri.again.

We went directly out from the big orange boat storage shed.There is a couple buoys 50 yards from there .Went between those & straight out 3/4 of a mile or so.This is the best I can describe.It seemed the deeper we went the more action.All togher we probably had 30.Threw the small ones back.

Guest erie_guy

That would be the Kon-Tiki marina. Take 400 north, 89 east to Gilford, end of the road, park and hike out closer to Keswick than Gilford. This is a good area, but you need to find "the spot". Can mean a lot of drilling without a GPS.

That would be the Kon-Tiki marina. Take 400 north, 89 east to Gilford, end of the road, park and hike out closer to Keswick than Gilford. This is a good area, but you need to find "the spot". Can mean a lot of drilling without a GPS.

9266[/snapback]

I have a power auger but a gps would be great.Will try my luck tomorrow again.Every so often I seem to find the spot,its still better than work(espicially when I,m on vacation).Thanks

Archived