Site for hosting post

one last cast

Guest cplummer

looks like a skamania to me !! being long and strong with a purpleish color on the gill plates .. Did it come outta the water like 8 times? if so then i would say yep yep yep.

cliff...

Thanks Cliff,

I caught it down at the whirlpool in Mid May using a green nasty girl spoon. It hit like a freight train and jumped like crazy. It then took off, I was using my 7' Fenwick HMX for the first time to try it out! I caught a lake trout earier that day as well on the same lure :D . I had to chase it up stream!

When I finally landed it, I was amazed at its long slender body. I also noticed the purplish huge on the gill plate and the fish was a grey matalic silver. Not a chrome silver like steelheads.

I was glad it recovered and swam out of my hands. That felt soooo satisfying.

Aldo from Niagra fishing took the picture for me.

Tight lines,

Last cast :blush:

I was using my 7' Fenwick HMX for the first time to try it out!

Nice fish! Just curious, how did you like that Fenwick rod? I see them on sale every so often and was thinking of grabbing one when the price is right.

Hi Rick,

I love the rod!! I used it for bass and pickeral last summer. Very light and fast action tip. Also very strong having to fight the lake trout and steelhead.

I bought it at Peter's for $49.00! I also bought one for by Nephew.

My brother has the HMX in 10'6". The 7' is prety much the same. I have the HMX in 9' downrigging rod but I think its too stiff. I also have the Fenwick RIGGER STICK from 20 years ago that is much more flexable. I love Fenwick rods.

I brought my 11' Fenwick HMG-AV which I set up with a float gear that day. I was casting spoons into the current when I caught the two trouts.

Tight lines,

Cast cast

Archived