INTERESTING READING (Our concerned government )

loopy

Just stumbled across this article on the net on how are government is trying to fastrack a piece of legislation that will turn 16 of our lakes into cesspool toxic dump site's for mining companies across Canada.A great number of these lakes are prime fisheries and spawning grounds not to mention toxic waste leaching into the ground waters of the surrounding areas.

Check it out @http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/080616/cana...ndemned_lakes_2

It's not just the Government my friend. The powers that be who are destroying Alberta are way up in the polls. People are getting paid and don't want the destruction to stop.

Sick world my friend.

I had a step Grand daddy living in Parry Sound who owned a great pike lake and camp ground. The Town decided they needed a new dump and wanted to move it to a quarry above his Lake. He fought it every step of the way. The dump leaked (as predicted) into the lake and the fish from this trophy fishery were deemed not safe to eat. He died before settling the law suit. :lol:

Well it didn't take long for them to forget :lol:

Now they just want to move it to another location to start all over again. :lol: And at our expense in the long run I'm sure.

This is from a post Rick made back in april.

Nicholson delivers $2.9 million as part of environmental strategy

Posted By Jennifer Pellegrini

Ottawa is chipping in $2.9 million to clean up the Niagara River, says Niagara Falls MP Rob Nicholson. The federal justice minister announced $2.9 million for cleanup work on the river at an event Wednesday in Fort Erie.

“The clean up of the Niagara River is essential to the economy, the health and the well-being of residents of the Niagara area, and is further proof that cleaning up Canadian waters is a priority for this Government,” Nicholson said in a press release issued by Environment Canada.

Consultations with the local communities are already underway to explore cleanup options for the Niagara River. This could include excavation, infilling, restoration of wetlands or monitored natural recovery. The cleanup project will begin in 2009 and be completed by 2012, the government’s statement says.

Sorry to here that Chilli not only for your loss of your grand pappy and he didn't live long enough to see his fight through till the end but also the loss of another prime fisherey this happen much too often all in the name of our mighty dollar. When are these Government officials gonna stop for just one second and realize that Canada's fresh water resourses are more valuable than any amount of $$$ . Maybe they need to spend some time in some third world country's to live where there is no fresh water to drink and let them drink out of toxic roadside ditches and wells. These buracrats are the worst kinds of poachers (criminals) there not just taking fish there taking the whole lake.

I better stop my :lol: ranting now i did wake up in a good mood but whenever i see or read about thing like this it makes me :lol:

Have a Great weekend :lol:

i dont understand... so they want to destroy the environment for a while, but show that they care and then rehabilitate it??

they say its in the interests of the community.. will create thousands of jobs ect...

but when the 25 years of the mine is up.. well theres still all that waste left behind...

would creating a massive man made lake with rubber linings or something along those lines ALSO create many jobs and not destroy fish bearing habbitat?

seems to me like some members of the govt are getting very green pockets to push this accord so fast...

From what i gathered in the newpaper article i read, the reason why they would be using natural lakes is becuase its more cost effective and to build artificail lakes would destroy to much land habbitat and forest. So its kind of a lose lose situation, one side you lose the lakes the other the forest.

Archived