Fall Wild Turkey Seminars

Wild Turkey seminar  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend if its held in Niagara?

• Yes
    • No

Seeing as the new fall hunt is new to the regs and you can't hunt wild turkey without taking the seminar, there will have to be fall seminars before season opener. This is very short notice to arange these types of events so locations will be limited.

There will only be 5 locations and dates across Ontario. Perhaps if we get an idea of how many people would be attending the seminars from this area, we could convince the OFAH to hold one in the Niagara Pen. As of now there will be none within an hours drive of Niagara Falls.

Any ideas of where and why would be appreciated. Time is of the eccence.

Yes my Son needs the seminar. I think Niagara Falls would be best and an outdoors venue like a tent in QVP or the pavilion in Chippawa would make a good media circus. Might be the icing on the cake that brings a seminar to town.

Well so far it doesn't look like there's a high demand in the Niagara Region so off to London I go. The "TENTATIVE" Turkey seminars dates are already listed in the "hotwire" section of the latest eddition of Ontario Out of Doors magazine. The 2 closest locations are London September 13th and Toronto Sept 6.

Registry info below copied and pasted from the OFAH website. Keep an eye on the Federation website for registry dates but an inside source told me it should open for July 22nd.

http://www.ofah.org/seminars

NOTE:

Individuals under 16 years old must file a consent signed by one parent or guardian before attending the Ontario Wild Turkey Hunter Education Course. Please bring this signed form with you when you attend your seminar.

O.F.A.H. Wild Turkey Seminars

Attendance at a seminar is mandatory for anyone wishing to hunt wild turkeys in Ontario for the first time. However, these seminars are also open to nonhunters interested in the wild turkey.

What will I learn at an O.F.A.H. Wild Turkey Seminar?

The seminar will provide information on the natural history of wild turkeys, hunting safety and ethics, hunting regulations, hunting techniques, equipment and calling. All seminars are taught by experienced wild turkey hunters.

How do I qualify for a turkey hunting licence?

At the end of the seminar day, the Ministry of Natural Resources gives a written, multiple-choice test. Everyone who passes the test will receive the certificate necessary to purchase a turkey hunting licence.

What else should I know?

If there are no seats left in the seminar you have chosen, you will be called at your daytime phone number and asked to select another date. Your seminar information will be mailed to you a week and a half before the seminar date, you should receive your information package on or around the Wednesday prior to the seminar.

The O.F.A.H. reserves the right to cancel any seminar due to insufficient pre-registration. A minimum of 75 people are needed to hold a seminar.

Seminar fees are $35 and are non-refundable and may not be transferred to another party. Refunds are only available if the seminar is cancelled. If you are unable to attend your selected date you can transfer to another seminar if space remains. Your registration can not be processed without payment. Seminar registration will close at 11:00 am on the Tuesday before the scheduled seminar date.

Turkey Seminar Listings

( To register, click on the seminar location you would like to attend. )

South West Ontario

Reg # Location Date

There are no scheduled seminars for the South West Ontario region

South East Ontario

Reg # Location Date

There are no scheduled seminars for the South East Ontario region

Northern Ontario

Reg # Location Date

There are no scheduled seminars for the Northern Ontario region

Central Ontario

Reg # Location Date

There are no scheduled seminars for the Central Ontario region

After Season Opens

Reg # Location Date

There are no scheduled seminars for the After Season Opens region

How Do I Register?

• By phone with a credit card number to the O.F.A.H. - 705-748-OFAH (6324) ( please have your credit card ready )
  • By FAX (Click on the Print Form link beside the seminar you would like to attend. Fax number: 705-748-9577 )
  • By Online Registration (Click on the seminar location to register)
  • By Mail with a credit card #, cheque or money order to:

Wild Turkey Seminars c/o

Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters

P.O. Box 2800

Peterborough ON

K9J 8L5

Questions may be directed to seminars@ofah.org

(please do not send registrations through e-mail)

Archived