1000adayderby-bad news

Stevek

Hey guys, I just went to the 1000 a day site and see that it is now cancelled. Lack of ticket sales, sponsers, ect. It says they can't even pay the rest of prizes for this year and the end of the year cerimony is also cancelled. I find this sad as I thought it gave new life this year and last to the fishing on Lake Ontario. ;)

Good fishin, Steve

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Geez

They didn't know during the tourny that at derby end they won't have the money!?!?

Do to the lack of ticket sales and sponsors that are unable to assist this derby financially; the derby regrets to inform everyone that it is unable to continue.

The derby is unable to meet the rest of the payout and year end prizes.

The year end ceremony scheduled for September the 12th 2004 is also canceled. Quote

Well perhaps if some weren't so intent on shutting everyone up about the fishing here, maby we'd have some cash injection from the NY fisherman. There are people who don't realize that keeping the great fishery here a secret, prevents the income that supports it. Well when the restalking funds run out and the fish aren't so plentifull, we can count on those trumpet muzzelers to be the first to critisize and whine about the poorly funded fishery.

shhhhhh Brian.

I'm not a salmon guy but I thought the format was very interesting. It got exciting when the weather kept boats off the water for days and the prize would get carried over.

Archived