Chippawa CA bass derby

marth11

Hey all anyone went down to Chippawa CA for the derby i was down there won 3rd prize in the live realse catagory well here's the report

1st place for adults was a 5.04 lbs large caught on a white frog won a spinning rod and reel combo with some tackle

1st place for kids was a 2 lber don't know what it was caught on though same thing as adults and i think a pool was involed

1st prize for entry draw and tackle box and some basic tackle

1st prize for live release was a $300 bas pro shop trolling motor

3rd prize for live release which was me with my 1 lber a hat, shirt, and some pesticide squiter thingamajig

it was a nice day manly sunny only saw some cloud and was tiny and was about 32 out water was warm about 50-75 people showed up so yeah

caught my 1 lber at about 7:30am it was about 15" i don't know why prob from breeding it got so thin, on a texas rigged worm on a clip bobber about 7 feet from short near some water grass and about 3 feet down. my friend caught a nice one about the same size as mine didn't weigh it though. fish stopped biting heavly at about 8ish still bit but not as often as it was.

BM12 :Gonefishing:

yes the 5.04 was released i did not to bad 5 in the 1-2 lb range and my buddy got 6 same size flipping texas rigged worm creatures baits bass jjgs and sitck worm baits into the lily pads i am definetly going back later in the year when the lake is virtually empty

I caught a 23 inch largie there in the fall several years ago, only weighed 5.2 on the berkely though, long and lean.

Wow, I can't believe a 1 pounder took 3rd place, Congratulations !! you used to need over 3 lbs for a top 3 placing. Was there many people? did no one even think of weighing in their 2 pounders? There used to be a wad of 2's caught by us . Like you said, the fishing is hot and furious for a couple of hours than you have to slow way down, i miss fishing that lake, i need a small dingy again. :Gonefishing: That is a great dunking lake!!!

Do they rent out those crawdadsa still?

Archived