snelling multiple hooks

kevin

Guys i'm getting frustrated here. I've got no probs tying a snell knot, similar to the one used for yarn flies, but i'm tying up some worm harnesses and i'm having a bugger of a time getting the proper knots down. I realize there is a different way of snelling when tying multiple hooks in order to get proper spacing, but the knot that I've been shown to do, which is the same knot on every website, does not seem to hold. Once the knot is tied, there is really nothing holding the leader end of the line from slipping, it is not underneath the coils. You guys know of any site with a good diagram of how to properly tie this knot?? The knot that i've been shown does work good for spacing them properly, but i'm just not happy with the way it holds, it holds great when putting pressure on the line, but if i push the line back through the eye of the hook, the coils unwind??? Anyway i'll post the link of the knot I am doing, see what you think.

http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/download/harness.pdf

I'm using the quickwrap knot, shown on the bottom right of the page.

got a idea how to try it tie one hook on first using a snell then slide the knot down the shaft a bit and tie anothe pice of line on doing another snell between the 1st one and the eye but face it the other way pull the knots together then tie the next hook on ...dont know if it will work but its worth a try

kevin where do you live? if its in the niagara region i can show you if you feel like doing a drive i'm in fort erie and tie harnesses all summer long its very easy as long as you get the nots down,shawn sbarrett@cogeco.ca its alot easier to show then tell

Archived