Niagara 02/12/05

spanky

Had a little get together with some guys from here and another board, set it all up a few nights ago, got my first trip in a boat since '97.... needless to say i didn't sleep much the past few nights :Gonefishing:

Down at the launch for 7am with lots of snow to meet us, met up with Markus and a few others from another board. Shortly after i arrived my "captain" arrived, Squig69.... shortly there after we were on our ways to catch the illusive Niagara Rainbow, okay so they're only illusive for me :)

After watching Markus and crew boat there first fish we thought we were in for a good day. Well, the snow stopped, that was good..... but the ice flows were crazy, couldn't move without hitting ice...

ice6.JPG

We continued to fish the Queenston back drift and received nothing for our efforts. After a few hours we headed down to the Queenston Drift, and again received nothing. As markus approached us on his way upto the Backdrift again we had to ask if they had any more luck.... why of course they did.

So back upto the Backdrift for us, after a couple drifts Squig69 (Chris) had finally hooked into a fish.... after a brief fight he was rewarded with this 28" male...

Chris

Made a few more passes, seen a couple of fish boated we headed to try the queenston drift again.... tied on a nice white streamer i had made and within minutes i was into my very first trout.... a beauty 26.5" female...

My%20first%20Bow%202.JPG

here's a pic of us holding our prized catches lol

normal_Chris%20and%20Spanky.jpg

made a few more passes with nothing, so we packed her in and called it a day.... great company and alot of thanks goes out to Chris (Squig69) for taking me out in his boat and helping me get that first bow!!!

Great day all around, good to meet a bunch of ya'll and look forward to a fish in the future!!!

lol... too late, i'm already hooked... was a nice little fish, kinda disappointed with the fight it gave, felt like a wet boot coming up... can't wait 'til spring to see some acrobatics!!

Thanks for the critiquing Rob, the streamer was one i made after i spoke with you the other day!!!

Great fishing Spanky! Tough conditions and you handled it by boating your first rainbow! Good stuff.

When I'm down that way again and I have an empty seat, you're always welcome to join up with me.

That ice flow was wild. No ice one minute and then a packed river in less then 5 minutes. It did clear up again thank godness...I thought it was going to spell the end of our day.

Thanks guys :P

both fish from our boat were caught on streamers.... mine was a pure white streamer with no flash that i tied a week or so ago.... just adds to the excitement, my first bow on my hand tied streamer during my first boating trip on the Niagara.... ahhh, good times :D

I could do 4 months standing on my head! :P maby that's what I'm doing wrong.

Nice catch Spanky. Catch em now before you have kids and they want to go. On that note, BUY THE DAMM BOAT NOW before the kids arrive :D !!!

Chilli, no worries about kids, i don't plan on having any.... and it's already been pretty much taken care of, so no worries about accidents ;) .... and if i had the $25,000. for the boat i'd rarely post :D

4 months was killing me... i went out with Reg a couple times and he got a fish, i got nothing... went out with the wife perching, she got 14 and i got nothing... fished queenston everyone got something but me... frustrating to say the least!!

here's another pic that's better quality...

3436DCP_2011-med.JPG

(fishforfuns' pic)

it was amazing to watch some guys flying through that stuff at wide open throttle :P

Somebody should get a pic of the American boats (non-charter), that come on the canadian side and get within 20 feet of the shore! I got in an argument with one today.....they cut my line with the trolling motor! Man was I pissed! No fish today...only saw one landed from shore!

Guest cplummer
Somebody should get a pic of the American boats (non-charter), that come on the canadian side and get within 20 feet of the shore!  I got in an argument with one today.....they cut my line with the trolling motor!  Man was I pissed!  No fish today...only saw one landed from shore!

9520[/snapback]

charlie bring a sling shot with 1/2 ounce cannon balls i think reg carries them

Spanky nice pic. You should turn that date imprint off if your going to be taking wallpapers like that. I haven't any boating experience so just by that picture alone, I can't understands what you guys were doing out there. The other pictures tell another story though.

Queenstonspanky.jpg

By the way, that ice belongs on Lake Erie. Bring it back!

funny you should say that, the river was perfectly clear before we launched, no floating ice to be found.... this was about 15mins before that last pic :P

3436DCP_2008-med.JPG

The pics were taken by another guy, my camera is a measly 2MP the anything that's not close aren't that great lol

they are great wallpaper pics!!!

Archived