Scotty DownRiggers

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Last time I was out DRigging a couple weeks ago it worked fine. I was changing my cable clip yesterday. I tried pulling more cable out,can't I then hooked the power up and it won't pull cable in either. So it won't release or bring cable in.

Looks like I'll need a repair. Anyone know of a place in the Niagara area that fixes such things?

Thanks

u sure it isnt frozzen Brian

9601[/snapback]

^*&^%$# :blush: if it was it isn't now,me beating on it should have knocked loose any ice that was in it. B)

ziekertail

Thanks for the headsup,with Denis.

hi brian

had the same problem with mine last year to find out it was a bad connection.it was the last thing I checked thinking it can't be that easy.Good luck

9653[/snapback]

Thanks Peter,but the other one worked on the same plugin. I'll wait till I can get the boat out of the garage not much room in there to swing a hammer.

How did you make out this year?

Guest yo fish

hi brian

I just sent a response which didn't go through for some reason and i type very slow #@**#@. good luck with your riggers and how do you like them? I not a big lover of the fast drop and i know you can slow it down with your thumb but it gets hot and takes away from the Ron Propel set it and forget it. in regards to planners I have both, I prefer the inline because the big john with mast is labour intensive.why you ask ? well if you stop the boat with fish on, which i prefer because of not wanting to fight the speed of the boat(specially if it's not a huge fish)the lines get crossed specially if theres wind.if it's a large fish I like to fight em of the side turning the boat for the angler,this will tangle board lines but quick. The smaller one if the none angler brings in the other board you can fight the back or side of the boat without worring about where lines,poles,boards are.As well i set my riggers of the side of my boat as far as they will go and like my poles off the sides as well and the mast line from the boards always bothers each other. with the inline boards I have them set low and never interfer with the riggers . Peter

Guest yo fish

hi brian

I just sent a response which didn't go through for some reason and i type very slow #@**#@. good luck with your riggers and how do you like them? I not a big lover of the fast drop and i know you can slow it down with your thumb but it gets hot and takes away from the Ron Propel set it and forget it. in regards to planners I have both, I prefer the inline because the big john with mast is labour intensive.why you ask ? well if you stop the boat with fish on, which i prefer because of not wanting to fight the speed of the boat(specially if it's not a huge fish)the lines get crossed specially if theres wind.if it's a large fish I like to fight em of the side turning the boat for the angler,this will tangle board lines but quick. The smaller one if the none angler brings in the other board you can fight the back or side of the boat without worring about where lines,poles,boards are.As well i set my riggers of the side of my boat as far as they will go and like my poles off the sides as well and the mast line from the boards always bothers each other. with the inline boards I have them set low and never interfer with the riggers . Peter

Yes what you describe about the big boards is very true I have the same problem with the big boards,did you mention hooking a fish going up wind.

There is a delete button near the edit button

upwind downwind prefer small ones. when are you going out next?Peter

9682[/snapback]

March if all goes will . Not going to the Niagara though,I found a spot last year that was deadly for Browns and LT.

March if all goes will . Not going to the Niagara though,I found a spot last year that was deadly for Browns and LT.

9726[/snapback]

Can you share that spot with us here Brian? Come on, we wont tell. :unsure:

Can you share that spot with us here Brian? Come on, we wont tell. :worthy:

9751[/snapback]

I made that mistake once,then I saw that spot pasted all over the internet,and half of Ontario and parts of Quebec were invited to invade. :unsure:

I think anyone going fishing with me in March they will be blind folded,and sign a nondisclosure aggreement. :worthy:

Heh Brian are you going to disguise the Avro Arrow ?

9761[/snapback]

hmmmmm

You might have something there :unsure:

Thing is I was out there for of first part March and only boat I seen was the Canadian Coast Guard.

Guest yo fish

well if when it comes to march and you need a partner i'm in in either mine or your boat.no need for a blind fold your spots will be safe with me other than me fishing them.I release everything and take only pictures and leave only a wake. If one day I bring up a t-bone or some medium prime rib then nobody will be safe.

I release everything and take only pictures and leave only a wake.

9775[/snapback]

lol

That reminds of the day out on the bar when we were talking,your wife decided to fish while we talked. As you were about to leave a full throttle I said don't forget the wife,she said she was used to it and said something about bracing herself when she in the boat. I thought she was going to go overboard ;)

Guest yo fish

I haven't lost her yet.I remember last Jan. in Cancun we were on a charter catching barracuda in water so rough most guys would want to go in and not a peep of negitivity,I mean soaked clothes and salty hair. she truly is my best catch to date.This Jan. in Cabo Mx. I caught a 100 lbs striped marlin to have her catch one bigger 30 min. later. That day she almost didn't come back.

LMAO :)

I took the wife up LT fishing at Whiskey lake for a week,years ago,that week I went trough 18gallons of gas fishing out of a 14' with a 9.9 hp.

She came out for the first time after i had been fishing for 2 days and caught a LT. Then she wanted to go in. I did get 2 LT that trip but hers was bigger ;)

Ps.

There is a delete button to get rid of your unwanted post.

Down Riggers fixed :D

I drove a spike through a 2x4 in the wall of my garage and tied a rope to the cable and around the spike,I then hooked the trailer to the SUV,I then had the wife pull ahead as i released the rigger break. FIXED IT! Some how I had a treble hook that got wraped around the spooled cable. I've had rod tips in there :) but this is a first :o and have know idea how I did this.

Thanks for the offer ROB I will stop by and see you anyways :)

Brian, Its Mario, my March break starts March 14 to 18th.

If you need a partner give me a shout.

I'll bring the coffee and donuts.

I'll even make lunch.

Landlubbers like me are desperate to get out.

Mario

9874[/snapback]

If we have good weather one of those days SURE :)

Coffee and Donuts is all I need.

Archived