Planner Boards, Speed & Temp

Guest Dobbie

I stocked away enough mad money to finally get a couple items. I am looking at the Cannon speed & temp. I have Mag 10's and have had great luck with Cannon so I am leaning that way. The Unit is about $630 (ouch) Looking for some input compared to sub troll 900 and FishHawk. Also looking at the Big John planner board mast and boards. $400 for the mast and about $100 each board. I will probably mount into my Springfield Tablock. My question, are the boards too big for Quinte? Am I better to stay with the offshore inlines? Is there a couple size options? Would mostly use the boards in Erie for Steelhead & Walleye. Appreciate the input.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
I Also looking at the Big John planner board mast and boards. $400 for the mast and about $100 each board. I will probably mount into my Springfield Tablock. My question, are the boards too big for Quinte? Am I better to stay with the offshore inlines? Is there a couple size options? Would mostly use the boards in Erie for Steelhead & Walleye. Appreciate the input.

9612[/snapback]

I have both and enjoy the inline boards more.However you can't use dipseys with the small boards. There not to big for Quinte. The Walleye boards(inline) have a better hook up to the line for me,I use them for LT,Salmon ect ect.. they won't come off on you,I hated searching for the other boards I had,thankfully I lost both of them,don't remember the name of them but they were yellow.

Check with Grimbsy tackel,I bought my big boards there for $75,alot cheaper then Fishing World.

Guest wheatking

The last time I was at Grimsby Tackle ( couple of weeks ago) he had a pair of used big boards for sale, sorry didn't catch the price. If your are leaning towards Cannon product line they make a double reel planer board mast set up ( there is one on display at LeBarons in Miss.). I am leaning toward the Church inline boards this year becuase of that adjustable wieght. Still, I would like to try a mini disc and a small spoon off of those inline boards?

Wheatking

i run a sub troll 900 and its worked very well for me .It appears that the cannon system is similar in that it uses downrigger cable to transmit signal.The fish hawk is wireless,i have two freinds that use them both have had to send them in for repair,only drawback wuth the sub troll is the sender unit stays on the cable making transport and storage a bit of a bother..i run both types of boards i prefer large boards in rough water or to get wider sread,inlines are easier to use if your fishing alone :blink:

Dobbie.............Cannon boards are a must for walleye..........jet divers and "0" dipsies.............Oh boy can hardly wait............I have 3 riggers on my boat only use them for salmon...........a little rainbow info would be nice.................I fish out of Port Colborne (marlon marine)........JHM

I find that the big boards are more than a nuisanceup on Quinte. I use to use the bigger boards but made things alot tougher to just pack up and go. The smaller board s enable you to pick up a go alot quicker especially if you wanted to go back in a hurry if you marked a good school. I find that most of our fish are taken by trolling against the current up at Quinte. But I do use the bigger boards on Erie . They handle your Dypsies alot better. If you want to run Dypsies off of your in-line by some of the mini dypsies they are dynamite up in Quinte.

www.anglerschoicecharter.com

Archived