Dunkirk in May

Guest conniek

Guest conniek

I'm new to your forum. please enlighten us Texans as to what baits to bring to fish dunkirk in may? what is best line. and size? All help appreciated. thanks

conniek

Conniek: that kind of info you won't get here it's top secret like the GPS spots :lol:If you are going to the spring fishing show this weekend look me up and I'll give you a bitt of info just ask for Catfish in Grimsby tackle booth ;) Rob Mcintosh

Guest conniek

Rob,

are you representin a sporting goods store in Grimsby? We know a young man that worked at the store, well . we knowhis mom and dad. Their names are Frank and Sandra Horvath from Grimsby. We visited them several years ago and their son took us fishing. Sorry I won't be at the tackle show, we live in Texas. ;)

conniek

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

conniek

What fish are you after off of Dunkirk. I've fished it in the Summer and Fall,I have a map of the Lake bottom for that area with GPS points for different species. If your coming towards the end of May I should know alot more about that area,I plan on making a trip there for a few days camping and Lake Trout hunting. I have a buddy that lives in Spring Branch Texas.

I would think BASS, not those stinky laketrouts :) Just kidding Brian, but i do think they would be coming up here to take advantage of the trophy bass season . in may and early June you have a real legit shot at a 7 lb plus smallie. that's my goal this year , to get a smallie that weighed as much as my daughter when she was born 7lbs, 4 oz. hopefully i'll get that beast in the Make A Wish Tourney ;)

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

I just don't understand it,why ppl fish Bass when theres a chance to catch Lake Trout :) or using anything other then a Williams ;)

Good luck on your quest!

In answer to the original question, most guys will be using tube jigs on 8-10lb test line with spinning tackle. Jigging spoons on a baitcaster with 12-14lb test will work as well in the deeper water. Spinner baits, crankbaits, and jerkbaits on baitcasters if the fish are up shallower. It's a great time of the year especially if mother nature cooperates.

Tommy, if your fishing the St.Catharines club early tournies I can guarantee that you will beat 4 pounds, probably many times. My best so far is 6.5 and like Johnny I can't wait to get my 7 pounder. It's only a matter of time!

Guest conniek

thanks everybody for all the information. We are attending a internet rally at dunkirk and going to fish for smallies. Thanks to all for your help > I sure do appreciate you. conniek

Archived