Fishing Show

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Got there at 11:30 AM. Doors open at 1pm,there was a lineup, so I went back out in the buggy and waited till 1:30,then bought a ticket and was off. First stop Scotty Downriggers,they have new rod holders that swivel and tilt,alot like there rod holders are.

As I was talking to the sales rep Rob came over,told me about the new derby (info on Spoon pullers Board)(Tourney board here also) said he had some nice rod combos for me. I walked around looking for Raytheon Fish finder,and looking for Italo to ask "Wheres My Bait Bucket" lol No Raytheon fishfinders to be found,went back to see Rob around 3 he was know wheres to be found.

Met Lew from the Ontario board,talked for a bit,he invited me to the Bar at 4pm,I was gone before that. Thanks for the envite Lew.

Had another guy come up to me, talked with him for awhile,he new me,or the hat,I still have no clue who he was.

I went over to look at the Legend boats. They have a new Exterminator 17'. As I was walking out of the boat I heard my name. Took me awhile but I did place you,good talking to you Grey Hawk.

So...... With the credit card all warmed up,I didn't buy a thing...... and it really bothers me!!!! Wife can't believe it either!

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks for the update Brian,

I am hoping to get out there this evening after work. Hoping to look at the Legend boats as well. They have a couple impressive package deals...at least on paper...have to wait and see. I also want to see that SnoBear...I have been chatting with the owner on email and they sound great but a little too much coin at the moment. Maybe if they take off, they will come down slightly.

I just wanna make sure they are big enough for me since Cliff and Chilli seem to think I really need some room. :Gonefishing:

Have a great weekend,

Gene

Went to the show also. Popped over to BPS first just to have a looks see bought a few things. Raced over to the Spring show and was through the doors around 1:30. Was really not impressed same old stuff every year. Couldn't find what I was looking for. No 2005 Precision Trolling Tactics book or Even the Open Water Trolling book. Talking to alot of the vendors many of them are upset that 1.) they feel that the show is being held to early and 2.) to close to the big Trade show down in Vegas. Dealers can not get the new product up to Canada for the spring Show. Hopefully they will have it for the Sportsman show. Did see the new 14" Jakes at $50 a pop ,ouch! Seen also that new Ice Fishing Cadillac of a Hut. Sweet looking machine but without a big trailor you might have a problem getting it to your honey hole. The people said that they are in the works for next year in making a trailor for it. All in all though did meet some guys from this post . Seen Aldo playing around with the fishing simulator and getting cat calls from the Gals Fishing Club which were in the next booth. Telling him if he wanted them to show him how it's done. Met up with Catfish in the Grimsby booth and Scott Huffman from our club St. Catharines Bassmasters. Anyway wasn't all of a waste did buy musky baits and some mini Dypsies. Hopefully they will have what I am looking for at the Sportsman Show.

Was talking to Adrian fro Grimbsy Tackle said that they were supposed to of been at this show but doesn't know what happened. Hopefully he will have them at the Sportsmsman Show. Might be heading up again tomorrow said he mightv have them by then. Will post if available if not keep checking with him at his shop .

I was talking with Grey Hawk or someone else, said something about them saying the show going downhill and it wasn't worth there time.

I was disappointed they didn't have a setup to try out the fly rods. The first year I went there was an area that you could really streach out your line.

I can't make the show this year but I will be going to the BPS show next month and possibly the fishing show in London next weekend. Anyone ever been to that one?? Just wondering if it's worth the drive.

Rick don't waste your time in going to the London show. Not much in tackle more RV and people trying to selling you Credit Cards and dishes. I here that the Windsor show is the show to go to . It attracts alot people from Michigan and Ohio States. Really good show if you are into the walleye seen. I believe the show is on April 2-3.

Thanks for the heads up John. I was only going up if I had nothing happening that day but I think i'll pass on that one. Windsor is a bit more of a drive but you never know.

Archived