2003 Legend 169 xcalibur?

Guest bradley_p

Guest bradley_p

I was at a dealer today to look at a 2003 xcalibur but i think there are asking to much for this boat It has a full top, 550 pd Minnkota Bow Mount trolling motor, Mercury 75 hp 4

Four Stroke with power trim and tilt, Piranha Humming Bird fish finder and

matching trailer. they want 18,500 for this boat i think its to much. any help would be great thanks brad

049864.jpg

Guest bigfish1965

In 1996 that boat (very similar anyway) went for 17,200. So I'd say given inflation and what not over 9 years, thats a good price.

That boat would really haul ass too!

Guest Gill Finigan

Pretty decent price. Around $5000 cheaper then this years model. See if you can haggle a few freebies thrown in and go for it.

To late Tommy, Brads already my best friend :)

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Bradley

Your paying cash? Why are you buying this type of boat,because of the full windshield and the cover? The Exterminators are the pure fishing boat,but if your going to use it for family and friends touring around then the back seat will be handy in this boat.

What I would do is... tell them that the FFinder is junk, and your going to have to replace it! You want a new fishFinder, Tell them you want a travel cover thrown in!

Then the $18.500 is a good price, that price seems high to you because of the motor. You can get the same boat with a 50 on it for about the same price,but with the built in gas tank you don't want to mix gas then pour it into the gas tank,to upgrade to the 75 4 stroke it will cost you $4,199,more then the base price for the new boat.

The new Legends don't come with that FFinder on it anymore,even had the dealer admit that the FFinders that did come with them aren't much good.

Ask if the previous owner had the extended warranty on the motor,he might have,but if the Marine doesn't sell the boat within the first 30 days that warranty can't be transferred. They have a great warranty for the motors.Last spring I extended mine for 5 years.

This is the one your looking at Boat

Get ahold of Big-o(username) on this site he trades his legends in every couple of 3years.

Then of course your going to have to start buying,Downriggers,rods and reels,planner boards,ect ect.... This is the fun part.

I was at a dealer today to look at a 2003 xcalibur but i think there are asking to much for this boat It has a full top, 550 pd Minnkota Bow Mount trolling motor, Mercury 75 hp 4

Four Stroke with power trim and tilt, Piranha Humming Bird fish finder and

matching trailer. they want 18,500 for this boat i think its to much. any help would be great thanks brad

049864.jpg

10106[/snapback]

Hey Brad I bought a 2005 16ft. Smokercraft Alum. with a 50 h.p.Has all the trimmings.Dual windshield, 3 swivel seats.fish finder elec. troll. motor ,carpeted & everythin.Goes about 36 mph.After taxes it was 17,400.I,ve been extremely happy with it.Bought from Pt. Colborne Marine.www.portcolborne marine.com(i think)It,s the stinger model.Good luck

port colborne marina has a Smokercraft Stinger with a 50hp Merc for $14.000. right now, either dual/single console... i have the complete details right here, just MSN me and i'll send it over to you.... it's in a WORD document...

They also have a Smokercraft Stilleto w/90HP Johnson.... 2004 for $18,000. with FULL warranty and a 2005 for $20,000....

again, i have all the details here, just MSN me for them..... :)

If I know Nicholls ,they got it for a song and are selling it as a whole Cd. lol

I know you are anxious Brad but there are going to be some good deals out there you can bet on it , even if it means going for a couple of hour drive . I would rather spend a couple of tanks of gas than a couple of thousand of $$$$$$$. Good luck ...Thom

Guest bradley_p

thanks guys bought the boat and got over 1000$ in free stuff with it. I did get a new FFinder thats a lot better then the one on the boat and it was free lol with some other stuff thanks brad

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
thanks guys bought the boat and got over 1000$ in free stuff with it. I did get a new FFinder thats a lot better then the one on the boat and it was free lol with some other stuff thanks brad

10142[/snapback]

Outstanding Stuff Brad!!!! Now the fun begins buying new fishing gear??

you bought the boat off of Tim?

Your going to have to name her,any thoughts.

Guest bradley_p

I have some gear from my dads old boat like rods and reel, takle and some downrigger stuff too but need Downrigger and some small stuff. Yes i did get the boat from Tim very nice guy. No worry about the vehicle Tommy have it covered.

Archived