Nov 22 - NRS/NFN steelie derby-cut off day today!!

jwl

Hi everyone, I am very pleased to see that there is so much interest in this month's upcoming steelhead derby. Due to the great responses from both boaters, and non-boaters alike, we will need to take some time to sort out likely participants and get everyone partnered up accordingly for the day.

Because of the numbers of people involved this will take a few days to all sort out, so therefore at this time, we will be closing off entries until we have all the boats filled up for the day. After this time, if we know we are having more boaters come out for the day, we may be able to open up a few more seats for non-boaters. At this time it looks like everyone who has shown interest in participating as non-boaters will be able to get out there for the day, if there happens to be a conflist with this, we are going to do this the fairest way possible when all is sorted out and have to go by a "first come-first serve basis" for the non-boaters. :)

Give us a couple days to sort all this out, and we will make a post with the boater's names and partners for the day. This way everyone will have at least 2 weeks to get things sorted out together and contact each other with a game plan for the day.

I have a few things I would like to note for the people who may not have much experience for the day..boaters, and non-boaters alike:

For the Boaters:

Come prepared for the day with all the propery safety gear ect for your vessels, you never know when you are going to get a random spot check out there. Also make sure that you have a proper floatation device-( PFD,Life jacket or float suit) for everyone on board-**** this should be taken up accordingly with the non-boater partners to ensure everyone aboard is equipped with one.

Come prepared fuelled up accordingly for the day, you should know your boat's requirements on this and also take into consideration that it will take a bit of time getting all the boats in and out of the water due to the numbers involved and the regular weekend boat traffic that can possibly be at the ramp. **** have your boat prepared to go in the water, DO NOT sit on the ramp uncovering and loading up your boat with fishing gear ect, be all ready to be in the water when it's your turn. There will be plenty enough experienced people around to assist that this all goes as smoothly as possible :) We also have to take into consideration that there will be other boat traffic using the ramp who are not with the group, we do not want to spread a bad image of ourselves out there,we want to use a bit of etiquette and be courteous to everyone around even if they happen to be acting like dumb@$$es at the time...we gotta suck it up :) it's a public ramp.

Once in the water, and loaded up with "your crew" for the day, we all have to move out of the way of the docks and ramp area so that others can out thier boats in, if you are going to be idling while waiting to head out to a spot with other boaters DO NOT pile into the backdrift, and in the way of the shore anglers, there is plenty enough room in the slack waters out from the Jet Boat dock (old sandocks) and a bit downstream of there to wait around for the rest.

For safety reasons all boaters should have and exchange a cell phone number for Cliff or Myself, we all know trouble can happen at any time,we have to ensure that everyone gets back in as safely as possible, a couple of us will also have 2-way radios to help communicate with one another. We should also confirm who's boats are out there for the day so we can ensure that everyone is accounted for at the end of the derby...some may choose to continue to fish for the day, others may choose to pull out come the end of the derby,please let any organizers know this accordingly when applicable at the time.

Due to the number of people in attendance as well, I think we should all try and figure out some sort of "car-pooling" accordingly,we do not need all the boats/trailers plus 20 other vehicles down there. This should be worked out in the 2 weeks prior to the derby between boater/non-boaters partners for the day, and even others involved in the derby who may have room in a vehicle..for example, I have a van, and can possibly bring up to 5-6-7 people with me down there. Also boaters/non-boaters should sort out other details for the day, for example PFD requirements, and also what is expectded of the non-boaters for the day in regards to perhaps chipping in a little bit for fuel and baits ect for the day. This should be up to the discression of the people partnered up together at the time and is only fair.

If anyone feels I left anyhting out, please feel free to chime in :blink:

For The Non-Boaters:

Also come prepared for the day, for those who are less experienced, make sure you dress accordingly for the day, the people going out there with lots of experience all know the weather can change alot out there this time of year..it may be warm and sunny, it may turn into snow...come prepared. **** it is extremely important that you let you boater partners know wether or not you require a PFD for the day or have your own, so they can come prepared with the proper safety requirements for the day!!!!.

Also you do not to need to be a big show off or hero to the pack by seeing who can bring the most tackle along :lol: only bring what you NEED for the day... for anyone who needs a few pointers there are plenty enough experienced participants that are willing to lend some advice on this as boats with 2-3 people in them and all thier gear get filled up pretty quick.

You will have 2 weeks to sort out a few things with your boater partner for the day as mentioned above, for example, carpooling, sharing costs accordingly ect..

If any non-boaters have any questions at all regarding the day, feel free to ask away.

Once again, if anyone feels I am leaving any details out here, please feel free to add your comments.

Thanks alot to Cliff for getting the ball rolling on this one, and thanks alot to the people who have offered to donate prizes to add to the day's fun(anyone willing to donate, feel free to contact us) Most of all lets just do what we love to do....get out there and enjoy a safe fun day on the water, with a great group of people!!!!!

Hi everyone, I am very pleased to see that there is so much interest in this month's upcoming steelhead derby. Due to the great responses from both boaters, and non-boaters alike, we will need to take some time to sort out likely participants and get everyone partnered up accordingly for the day.

Because of the numbers of people involved this will take a few days to all sort out, so therefore at this time, we will be closing off entries until we have all the boats filled up for the day. After this time, if we know we are having more boaters come out for the day, we may be able to open up a few more seats for non-boaters. At this time it looks like everyone who has shown interest in participating as non-boaters will be able to get out there for the day, if there happens to be a conflist with this, we are going to do this the fairest way possible when all is sorted out and have to go by a "first come-first serve basis" for the non-boaters. :)

Give us a couple days to sort all this out, and we will make a post with the boater's names and partners for the day. This way everyone will have at least 2 weeks to get things sorted out together and contact each other with a game plan for the day.

I have a few things I would like to note for the people who may not have much experience for the day..boaters, and non-boaters alike:

For the Boaters:

Come prepared for the day with all the propery safety gear ect for your vessels, you never know when you are going to get a random spot check out there. Also make sure that you have a proper floatation device-( PFD,Life jacket or float suit) for everyone on board-**** this should be taken up accordingly with the non-boater partners to ensure everyone aboard is equipped with one.

Come prepared fuelled up accordingly for the day, you should know your boat's requirements on this and also take into consideration that it will take a bit of time getting all the boats in and out of the water due to the numbers involved and the regular weekend boat traffic that can possibly be at the ramp. **** have your boat prepared to go in the water, DO NOT sit on the ramp uncovering and loading up your boat with fishing gear ect, be all ready to be in the water when it's your turn. There will be plenty enough experienced people around to assist that this all goes as smoothly as possible :) We also have to take into consideration that there will be other boat traffic using the ramp who are not with the group, we do not want to spread a bad image of ourselves out there,we want to use a bit of etiquette and be courteous to everyone around even if they happen to be acting like dumb@$$es at the time...we gotta suck it up :) it's a public ramp.

Once in the water, and loaded up with "your crew" for the day, we all have to move out of the way of the docks and ramp area so that others can out thier boats in, if you are going to be idling while waiting to head out to a spot with other boaters DO NOT pile into the backdrift, and in the way of the shore anglers, there is plenty enough room in the slack waters out from the Jet Boat dock (old sandocks) and a bit downstream of there to wait around for the rest.

For safety reasons all boaters should have and exchange a cell phone number for Cliff or Myself, we all know trouble can happen at any time,we have to ensure that everyone gets back in as safely as possible, a couple of us will also have 2-way radios to help communicate with one another. We should also confirm who's boats are out there for the day so we can ensure that everyone is accounted for at the end of the derby...some may choose to continue to fish for the day, others may choose to pull out come the end of the derby,please let any organizers know this accordingly when applicable at the time.

Due to the number of people in attendance as well, I think we should all try and figure out some sort of "car-pooling" accordingly,we do not need all the boats/trailers plus 20 other vehicles down there. This should be worked out in the 2 weeks prior to the derby between boater/non-boaters partners for the day, and even others involved in the derby who may have room in a vehicle..for example, I have a van, and can possibly bring up to 5-6-7 people with me down there. Also boaters/non-boaters should sort out other details for the day, for example PFD requirements, and also what is expectded of the non-boaters for the day in regards to perhaps chipping in a little bit for fuel and baits ect for the day. This should be up to the discression of the people partnered up together at the time and is only fair.

If anyone feels I left anyhting out, please feel free to chime in :blink:

For The Non-Boaters:

Also come prepared for the day, for those who are less experienced, make sure you dress accordingly for the day, the people going out there with lots of experience all know the weather can change alot out there this time of year..it may be warm and sunny, it may turn into snow...come prepared. **** it is extremely important that you let you boater partners know wether or not you require a PFD for the day or have your own, so they can come prepared with the proper safety requirements for the day!!!!.

Also you do not to need to be a big show off or hero to the pack by seeing who can bring the most tackle along :lol: only bring what you NEED for the day... for anyone who needs a few pointers there are plenty enough experienced participants that are willing to lend some advice on this as boats with 2-3 people in them and all thier gear get filled up pretty quick.

You will have 2 weeks to sort out a few things with your boater partner for the day as mentioned above, for example, carpooling, sharing costs accordingly ect..

If any non-boaters have any questions at all regarding the day, feel free to ask away.

Once again, if anyone feels I am leaving any details out here, please feel free to add your comments.

Thanks alot to Cliff for getting the ball rolling on this one, and thanks alot to the people who have offered to donate prizes to add to the day's fun(anyone willing to donate, feel free to contact us) Most of all lets just do what we love to do....get out there and enjoy a safe fun day on the water, with a great group of people!!!!!

BUMP!

Archived